Chapter 3 Will Powers

Silence swept over all three of you as Will Powers was brought out, he was a lot bigger than you thought he'd be. He was taller than Phoenix(maybe by an extra few inches). And lean too, clearly from all the stunts he'd have to do for the show, he seemed to have soft eyes but that was all you could say about him. Maya was cowering behind you and Phoenix while you both sat in the plastic chairs.

"What's wrong maya?" You broke your stare with the sniffling man to look back at your best friends sister. "That's him, Mr.Will Powers I thought you were excited!" You failed to notice Phoenix staring off at Powers with narrowed eyes.(Unknown to you if you had noticed he was trying to make sure Powers didn't look at you "the wrong way").

"Um...is that guy really him?" Maya seemed hesitant as she stared at him. You didn't want to admit it but Powers did seem a little rough looking.

"Whaddya mean "that guy"? Of course it's him! Will Powers, our client! That's him." Phoenix over heard maya glancing at her for a moment as he spoke.

"Um, maybe I shouldn't be saying this... But he definitely did it. Murder. At least once. Maybe twice..." maya pressed her lips together clutching the back of your chair with a scared expression.

"Whoa whoa whoa! Isn't that going a little far?!" You turned your head to look at her shocked she'd even say that, but maybe she was just afraid of him he looked like a giant compared to all three of you!

"Um..." powers decided to speak lowering his head not realizing why Phoenix eyed him funnily. "Something wrong?....all that whispering has me worried!" Powers sniffled looking up at you all again. Maya seemed shocked.

"N-no! No!" She waved her hands. You and Phoenix just shared a look knowing just what the other was thinking. This was getting off to a great start.(Note the sarcasm!).

"I know, I know. You're disappointed, aren't you?" Powers lowered his head. Disappointed?

"D-disappointed! No! No of course not!" Maya gasped out coming out of her shell.

"No, it's okay....I understand...This is the real me. When I got the part of the Steel Samurai, with that mask... I decided I would never show my face in public until the job was over. It's the kids, you know? I didn't want to wreck their dreams..." Powers sighed as he sniffled and you knew you had read him right. Kind eyes, he had kindness to him. Honestly it made your heart break at how sweet the idea was! Phoenix didn't seem to pleased as both you and maya tried to comfort him.

"Mr.Powers it's alright! We understand! We aren't disappointed! Honest!" You tried to speak as maya did.

"Not disappointed at all!" Maya gasped out.

"I guess it didn't matter. So much for dreams. I wonder what they think of the Steel Samurai now..." Suddenly Powers sobbed covering his nose with a tissue to blow loudly into it causing Phoenix to slightly roll his eyes as you and maya continued to try and comfort him.

"Phoenix" you turned to him as he looked at you.

"What?"Phoenix kept his attention to only you now while Maya continued to try and soothe powers as you both spoke.

"Let's take the case, I don't think he did it" you bit your lip.

"What makes you so sure?" He narrowed his eyes a bit at you curiously.

"He seems too soft to want to hurt anyone, besides we need the money! And well Maya's right helping a celebrity will boost our client numbers" You pressed your lips together now. Phoenix looked back to powers before he sighed a bit.

"Alright, we'll take the case for sure now!" There was a silence as powers looked at you and Phoenix now.

"Really!" He was almost like a kid blowing his nose.