Chapter 18 Mr.Monkey

In hind sight you guessed you should of expected this, but you didn't want to expect it. Standing here back in the studio two trailer your eyes focused on Vasquez who seemed to stare you down. There was something about both of you that was like...Phoenix staring down Edgeworth in the court room.(maybe you were being dramatic standing here while maya and Phoenix watched at the door looking confused why you stopped suddenly to stare. But it was almost like good and evil in a way. Even if that was a bit mellow dramatic!). Neither of you looked away until finally Phoenix decided to say something opening the wooden door gently releasing your iron grip from it.

"Uh...Ms. Vasquez we found it! Your script..." Phoenix handed her the stacked stabled papers watching as Vasquez just smirked a little at you before she looked away, in a way you took this as a victory moving from the door to let maya and Phoenix in. You ignored his concerned gaze, you didn't like the feeling in the pit of your stomach now. You wondered what Mia would of said about your behavior, you could see her saying one of two things.

"You're being a bit dramatic about this don't you think?" You could almost hear her and see her shaking her head with a laugh. Or the second option.

"You're right, something does seem odd about her.." you could almost see Mia pressing her fingers against her chin curling her index finger up close to meet her lips while she looked thoughtful. Unfortunately Mia wasn't here. You wouldn't know what she would of thought about your sudden sinking feeling.

"Ah" finally you heard Vasquez say something her eyes looking down over the paper walking over to the table in the room.

"Umm... uh... You're not going to talk to us?" Phoenix shifted on his feet his eyes looking to you seeing you, eyeing her like a guard dog would eye a stranger around their owner. It was almost cute how much you were on edge. Phoenix gently reached for your hand now looking away as your head turned feeling the gentle squeeze. Your harden stare dropped and you looked away flustered with a shaky breath.

"Quiet. I'm reading." Vasquez was now over at the table looking down as she looked through the script taking a drag of her cigarette. She didn't seem phased as she took a pen off the table to write on the paper. Maya had enough of all this, The weird staring the angry feeling, the bad feelings in the room! She couldn't take Vasquez anymore!

"Just you hold on! What's the big idea!? Who do you think you are anyway!? And...and do you even know who we are!?" Maya slammed her arms down at her side stomping a foot to the ground as she puffed out her cheeks and let her eyes blaze with anger. You didn't even know what to think at the moment just staring with wide eyes before you flushed more, Phoenix was keeping you level headed.(But you knew it was from the fact that he made it hard to think sometimes.)

"Powers's lawyers?" Vasquez sighed turning around slowly pressing a hand to the table leaning against it. Her eyes narrowed at maya pressing the cigarette back between her lips.

"Umm.... right." Maya didn't expect Vasquez to remember now looking a little more embarrassed than she had been angry. You stayed silent narrowing your eyes in the slightest.

"Am I a suspect?" Vasquez sighed a bit as she took another drag of her cigarette, was she a suspect? You didn't think so, she didn't seem like she could fit into the steel samurai suit but you didn't know. It was hard to tell a person based on such little knowledge!

"No, you're not, but it never hurts to collect information" you finally spoke pressing a hand to your hip.

"Hmm.." Vasquez seemed to be thinking pressing her cigarette to her lips a few times but she didn't take a breath of it. "You wanted to know about the day of the murder?"