Chapter 16 Kid in the Drain

Back and forth, back and forth, that's all today had been since after court. You swear you're getting sick of it but there not too much you can do about it now. You sighed as you dragged your feet behind you making your way to the employee area dreading it with so much emotion.

"Wow! I can't believe we've gotten to see so much studio in two days!" Maya was ahead of you and Phoenix still looking around with wide eyes and a wide smile, forgetting about Manella and how much of a creep he had been.

"Hmm yeah" you sighed a bit wincing as you took another step feeling as if a thousand needles had just entered your foot, okay now it's official you need new heels, you've never walked this much in a case!

"Isn't this great!" Maya was slightly spinning looking around more and you honestly wished you had her energy. You thought about sitting down but you stopped your self wanting to make a face, you knew that the moment you sit down you'd officially be labeled as "old" even if you were still young!(But then again maybe saying that made it more realistic...).

"Did she really forget about how creepy Mr.Manella had been?" Phoenix looked at you as your body slouched walking only to straighten up when his gaze was on you.

"I wish I could forget...I've never been so violated!" You shuddered in disgust. "I mean I've had men look at me but he was like....I don't even want to go into it" You pinched the bridge of your nose closing your eyes exhaling loudly.

"I won't let him look at you like that again..." Phoenix grumbled under his breath his eyes narrowing. "Maya too" he huffed rolling his eyes. "I mean I have a friend who likes to check out girls but Mr.Manella is a new level" Phoenix groaned himself. You turned to look at him and smile a bit, you wondered if he was talking about that guy from the very first case he took. Mia mentioned it to you before she...

"Do you check out girls too then Phoenix?" You peered up at him with a playful smile as you met his gaze and his face began to flare up with a deep red.

"Well!-" he looked like he was on the spot and you laughed a little.

"Don't be so embarrassed everyone stares at some one! I don't see how anyone couldn't stare, I'm only teasing...it's almost too easy to make you blush" you laughed a little trying to keep it at bay even if you wanted to laugh more.

"Well in that case do you check out men?" Phoenix finally retaliated making your heart skip in your chest and your face now a red to match his as you tensed up.( You wouldn't say it aloud but a vision of Phoenix coming out of the shower entered your mind, you've only seen that once but it's a sight you'll never forget. His spiky hair slicked down almost spikes against his forehead dripping with water, the towel around his waist and his eyes so focused. You had seen it when you both started living together, he had forgotten you were there and walked out of his room to the living room/kitchen to grab something. It was quite the sight you didn't even realize he was as lean as he looked. You're getting distracted!). "(Y/N)?" Phoenix's voice snapped you out of thought as you tensed again.

"I-I!- well who doesn't! I just I!-" You felt like you were over heating stumbling over your words as you refused to meet his eyes staring at the ground with a flustered expression. It was his turn to laugh. (Part of him hoped you had been thinking about him...who was he kidding all of him hoped). He couldn't stop laughing now at how cute you looked. "Phoenix stop laughing!!!" You gasped out shaking your head as you pressed a hand to your face. "You can't just ask a woman if she stares! Oh my gosh!" You groaned into your hand a bit your eyes wide.

"Hey! What are you two talking about!" Maya had finally come back over to you and Phoenix smiling after she ran ahead a bit, it seemed she got bored waiting for you and Phoenix. She looked between the two of you seeing Phoenix still laughing a little and you looking flustered with a deeper blush on your face.