Chapter 13 Studio Two

Lunch wasn't anything exciting, it was the same as it was every time you all ate together. Just lots of laughing and joking nearly choking on food and laughing at Phoenix's food covered face. Sure he had gotten better about it since you had been living with him but it was hard to kick a habit like that you guessed. But the joyful air was killed he moment you walked into the station walking down the hall to the detention center with Phoenix and maya.

"Do you think WP knows about the fan boys?" Maya looked to the side tilting her body to peer over Phoenix to look at you failing to notice he had grabbed your hand walking with it in his.

"Maybe? It wouldn't hurt to ask" you hummed a bit before walking into the detention center, you asked for powers sitting in the chairs provided for you with a happy sigh. After all this was another excuse to get off your feet! Maybe you should look into finding heels with less of an actual heel. Your hand had let go of Phoenix's when you sat down fixing the back of your shoes trying to keep them from rubbing against your heel anymore. It hurt far too much to let that continue at this point you'll probably have blisters! Maybe you need some new heels actually, it wouldn't hurt to go shopping after this...

"Oh, Mr. Wright! Ms.(L/N)! Thank you both for earlier..." Powers had finally walked out and you dropped your foot to the floor taking your finger out of your shoe with a flustered expression.

"Oh Mr.Powers it's no big deal really!" You sighed a bit feeling maya draping her self over your chair and Phoenix's.

"Not at all. We got lucky, to tell the truth." Phoenix nodded as he spoke and you stopped your self from making a face as you leaned against the table. He was right you both got exceptionally lucky it was crazy. You can't believe you didn't get called out on your bluffs.

"You can say that again!" Maya laughed a little from behind you both.

"Let's not." Phoenix crinkled his nose shaking his head.

"So, WP! Do you have any leads that might get us going in the right direction?" Maya pressed her hand to her face in thought tapping her fingers a bit as she gazed at Powers curiously.

"Hmm..." Powers looked like he was thinking before he hastily shook his head. "S-sorry, but no..." you had been hoping he'd of remembered something but you guessed not.

"Be sure to tell us anything that comes to mind, no matter how small!" Maya tried to encourage him as you nodded thoughtfully to her words.

"She's right, anything helps, we can't rely on getting lucky again tomorrow...right Phoenix?" You turned your head to look at him as he nodded again.

"I'm surprised we even got lucky today" he seemed a little down, you wondered if it was because he wasn't getting anywhere yet. Some cases were like that of course!

"I-I know" Powers sniffled bringing a new tissue to his nose to blow it. What questions could you ask him thought? Suddenly Maya's question flashed in your head.

"So Mr.Powers, do these "fanboys" sneak into the studio often?" You crossed your arms to lean more comfortable against the table after Phoenix placed his hands against it.

"No, not that I know of. That security lady's pretty strict with them..." Powers wiped away a tear.

"But, in today's testimony, didn't she say they were often hanging around?" Maya looked thoughtful behind you and Phoenix after talking.

"The kids really, really love the Steel Samurai. They sneak past when she's not looking, I guess..." Powers shrugged a bit and you just found your self absentmindedly nodding. You guessed if you were in the middle of doing some work you wouldn't notice any stowaways, after all there have been times you've been doing paper work in the past and don't even notice anyone out of the ordinary!