𝕆𝕟𝕖

Desiree never felt so alone sitting right next to her mother than in this moment. She knew. She knew there wasn't much time left. It was almost time to go.

Desiree grabbed her mothers cold hand and Melinda fluttered her eyes open lightly.

"Do you want more covers ma? You're freezing." Desiree asked forcing out a smile. Melinda just shook her head and tried her best to grip the hand of her only daughter.

Just then Desiree's brother came in carrying her pride and joy in his hands, her baby.

"Look who's here Ma." Melinda looked up at her son holding his beautiful niece in his hands.

"My baby." Melinda managed to choke out, she had a small smile in her face. Desiree signaled for her brother, Percy, to bring Meridee to her. Desiree snuggled her baby and put her close to her mother's face.

"Give Grandma kisses Meri." Desiree told her daughter and Meri lightly puckered her lips against her grandmother's face. Melinda grinned and caressed her granddaughter's cheek.

"This is what I'm gonna miss most. Seeing all my beautiful legacies together." Melinda closed her eyes softly letting a tear run down her cheek.

"Ma stop, don't say that. Don't give up yet please. The doctors said this last round of Chemo could be it." Desiree pleaded starting to cry. She never liked to cry around her mother when she was in the hospital, she worried it made her feel helpless.

"Baby, I'm tired. I'm so tired. I'm tired of always being tired. My cancer isn't going to go away. I know it's terminal. I'm ready."

"No Ma, please don't say that." Percy said beginning to breakdown. "We need you."

"No you don't baby. You'll be okay. It's time. I love you, so much. Don't ever forget that." At this time everyone was crying: Percy, Desiree, Melinda, and evening Meridee. Percy dropped to his knees at the side of the bed gripping his mother's hand tightly as the machines in the room started making louder and faster beeping noises.

By the time her doctors and nurses it was too late. Desiree knew she was gone. And she didn't even get the chance to say she loved her mother.

Lo's Hoes

I know it's the first chapter and I already got y'all emotional, but it'll get happy soon I promise. Don't forget to vote and comment loves