ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

Thanksgiving was a success. Luckily for Desiree there were no more awkward moments. Debbie really did her thing with the food as usual. Percy and Des hadn't had Ms. Debbie's famous potato salad since the church cookout three years ago, but it was just as good as they remembered.

Of course things got a little emotional when it can time to say grace. Everyone thought about Melinda and how they wished she could have been there. It took everything in Desiree to not break down because she missed her mom. She missed her voice, her laugh. Cooking together and cracking jokes and singing to the top of their lungs like they would traditionally do. But Desiree knew her mom was there she could feel her presence; looking down on her family, proud that they were together.

When all festivities were over Desiree was tired and so was her baby. After struggling to get Meridee to bathe it was finally Des' turn to relax and unwind.

When she got out of the shower she wasn't shocked too see Meridee snoozing in her favorite spot on Nick's chest. Sometimes Desiree thought she'd never get used to the beautiful sight.

Nick couldn't help but stare at Desiree. She was always so beautiful. He hated himself for letting her go to Wes. But he would never sabotage their relationship. Ever since his daughter came into his life he's learned to put other people's happiness before his own, especially Desiree's. But still she caught himself staring at her. You know what they say, you can look but don't touch. And Nick was finding that exceptionally difficult right now.

"Nick I can feel your eyes burning a hole in my ass." Desiree noticed her position. Bent over trying to get clothes from her suitcase. Luckily her towel was long enough so her whole butt wasn't visible, but she could feel Nick's eyes in her.

"I'm sorry I just can't help it. I miss it." Nick said feeling bold.

"What'd I tell you about being nasty in front of your daughter." Desiree glanced over her shoulder and strolled to the other side of the bed. Nick's eyes stayed glued on Des as she walked. It was like she was doing it on purpose. "Plus I'm with Wes." Desiree sighed, almost forgetting that she was still in a relationship with a very aloof man.

"I know... and I'm being respectful of that... I just miss you Des." Nick figured why not just be honest at this point. It was better to get these feelings off his chest.

"What are you talking about? Just because Wes is in the picture doesn't mean I see you any less. I always make time for you Nick."

"That's the thing though. I don't want you to have to make time for me. I want to be your all the time. Just me you and Meri, like it should be."

Desiree was silent. She knew what Nick meant, she just didn't want him to say it out loud, but he did. And it made her feel so conflicted about her choices.

"And I just wanna know what happened? Like I felt like we were getting somewhere, and you were able to trust me again. Then all of sudden Wes comes out of nowhere and takes you away from me. I- I mean... I just thought it would work out between us." Nick hated this feeling. Des would always get him so tongue tied, so expressing himself wasn't always the easiest thing to do.

Meanwhile Desiree felt like shit.

"Nick... I had no idea you felt like that. I feel like such an asshole."

"It's okay Ma. I know you had your reasons and-"

"No it's not okay. I was only thinking about myself. I was being selfish. I'm so sorry."

"It's fine as long as you're happy, I'm happy. Just know that I'm doing better for you and my baby girl. I'm always gonna be here. Maybe not how I'd thought I'd be, but however you want me in your life I'll be there." Nick said smiling down at the cute little baby he was holding.

Desiree finished getting dressed for bed and climbed in bed next to her little family.

"I can go to the couch if you want." Nick offered; he prayed she'd say no.

"Calm down Nick, you can stay. I mean I wouldn't kick you out of your own room." The girl said and snuggled up Next to Meri on Nick's chest. She had to see what all the hype was about, and she couldn't lie it was a pretty comfortable spot. Nick wrapped his free arm around Desiree's waist as she played with one of Meri's loose curls.

Nick stared up at the ceiling and just chuckled to himself.

"What's so funny?" Desiree asked.

"Nothin... I was just thinking Wes would probably burst into flames if he saw us like this."

"Can we not talk about Wes anymore."

"Oh yeah sorry."

"It's fine... I've just been trying to not think about him right now."

"Why not? Did something happen?"

Desiree was silent. She knew she'd have to say something, but she didn't know how to explain it without making it sound like a big deal. That's because it is a big deal.

"What Des? Talk to me."

Still Desiree was silent.

"What did he do."

"Can we please talk about this later. I'm really tired. And we don't need to wake up Meri."

"Is it bad?" Nick was frantic.

"Tomorrow Nick. We'll talk about this tomorrow."

"O-Okay Des." For a little bit the two sat in silence. Nick was worried, but he didn't want to annoy Desiree so he just left it alone. Though, he had the strong urge to punch Wes in the face. Even though he didn't know what he did.

Desiree on the other hand was thankful for the silence. She knew that once she told Nick what happened shit would hit the fan. She couldn't let anything bad happen to Wes because she still cared for him, but she had to break up with him.

"Hey Des." Nick said softly before he dozed off.

"Yeah?"

"I'll always love you. No matter what, okay."

"I know."

"Good."

"Nick."

"Yeah?"

"I never stopped loving you in the first place."

Lo's Hoes
Shit is gonna got the fan... like and comment if u ready for some drama!!!
🤭😙