𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕥𝕨𝕠

Nick had his head resting on Desiree's shoulder holding the almost fully melted ice pack to his sore nose.

"Does your head still hurt?" Des asked while stroking his hair. Nick nodded slowly."I'm sorry you're in pain Nick... and I've made up my mind. I'm not mad at you."

Nick sat up a little too eagerly, giving himself head rush. "Ow. You're not?"

"No,"  Des sighed and pushed his head back down to rest on her shoulder, "but please... please stop getting hurt for my sake. Thank you for taking care of me, I really appreciate it, but you can't keep punching your way through situations. Meridee should not have had to see that. You gotta think about your daughter first, Nick."

"I know Ma. But you know how I am about you. I have to do something, if I'm not taking care of the situation I feel so out of control. That's my way of keeping you safe. I'm gonna be doing it til I'm 50 if I have to."

"Listen to me Nick. You have to stop being so reckless. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you again. My heart couldn't take that. I want you in my life and our little girl's life forever. So please, promise me that you'll stop getting into reckless situations. I love you too much to keep seeing you like that."

"Okay Des, I promise." Nick whispered. He grabbed her hand and they interlocked their fingers. "I love you."

"I love you too. I don't know how many times I'm gonna have to tell you, but please stop doing stupid shit. I hate hospitals."

"I know Ma, I'm sorry." Nick looked down guiltily knowing full well the girl had spent too much time in hospitals when it came to her dearly departed mother.

"Mara?" The two heard Nick's name being called and they quickly rose to their feet. A nurse ushered the couple to a back room where they waited for a doctor.

A few hours and a lot of waiting later. Nick's nose was set back in place and very swollen.

"Well that hurt." Nick winced, adjusting the splint on his nose as he got into the car.

"I can imagine. You were acting like he was killing you." Des chuckled.

"Well that's what it felt like." Nick pouted causing Des to laugh.

"Okay Baby. I'm sorry I laughed at you."

"No you're not." Nick rolled his eyes.

Des continued her hysterics confirming Nick's theory. "I'm sorry. Can... can you just call Solana for me, tell her we're on our way back."

Nick grabbed Des' phone and put it on speaker.

"H-hello?" Solana sounded groggy on the other line.

"Hey Lana. Me and Nick just got done at the ER. We're coming back to the boy's place. Is Meri asleep? Did you put her in the pack-and-play that was in Nick's closet. She's a wild sleeper so she might've fallen off the bed-"

"Don't worry Des. The babies are sleeping."  Solana yawned.

Desiree sighed, but perked back up when she heard a muffled voice. "Who's that?"

"What? What are you talking about?" Solana asked clearly lying.

"Was that Edwin I heard?" Nick raised an eyebrow.

"It's not what you think. We're just platonically sleeping in the same bed together as friends..."

"Mmhmm sure. What happened to all men from New York being trash?"

"They still are. Edwin included." Solana stated.

"Hey. I am right here." Edwin's muffled voice rang through the phone.