𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖

So much for waking up early. It was too late when Desiree realized that neither she nor Nick had bothered to set an alarm last night, it was already 7 am.

"Shit." she muttered under her breath. She quickly pulled on her outfit from yesterday and woke up Nick.

"Nick, wake up. We slept in."

"Oh, we did?" Nick asked groggily.

"Yeah and I gotta go. There's no time for me to head to the house so can you just drop me off?" Desiree rushed into the bathroom to wash her face. "You got an extra toothbrush?" Desiree asked.

Nick sat up in bed and picked up Meri, who was still sleeping peacefully, and laid her on his chest. "Uh yeah the second drawer from the top." Desiree grabbed the toothbrush from the spot he said it was in. 'Knew it.' She thought.

Nick got up and went into the bathroom and started brushing his teeth. Desiree glanced at him. He was shirtless with Meri perched gingerly in his chest. He really was a natural with her, it really made her sad that she waited so long to tell him.

"Like what you see?" Nick asked, a smirk appearing in the corner of his lip.

"Y'know, flirting doesn't work as well when you have baby drool running down your stomach." Desiree said, even though she vey much did like what she was seeing.

"Ah don't be like that Ma. Look Des, I feel like we've really been reconnecting these past few days. I know I fucked up back in the day, but give me another chance. I wanna be there for you and Meridee."

Desiree wanted to just let Nick back in. Desiree wanted to just say yes and be happy. Desiree wanted to just allow things to be easy for once in her life, but her cautious and headstrong demeanor, prevented her from letting her walls down.

"I'm sorry Nick, I just don't know yet..." Nick sighed. He was used to Des being stubborn, but he didn't think she would still be so unwilling to give him another chance.

"Please don't be mad Nick."

"I'm not mad, you'll come around sooner or later. I'll earn my second chance and that's a promise." Nick smiled and Meridee stirred.

"Mommy." She said while rubbing her eyes. Desiree grabbed the toddler from Nick.

"Good morning baby. Do you wanna hang out with Daddy today? Yeah? Mommy has to go to work I'll see you later baby." Desiree gave Meri a big kiss on the cheek and gave her back to Nick. "Ok I gotta go, my car's here."

"When did you order an Uber? I was gonna take you to work."

"That was before we slept in for an hour, but I gotta go. Y'all have a good day." Desiree blew kisses at her baby and started towards the front door.

"Oh wait," Nick said following her. "Meri doesn't have any stuff here. What am I supposed to do?" Desiree groaned because she forgot the baby bag. With swiftness, she removed her house key from her key ring and tossed it to Nick.

"Swing by the apartment and get her some stuff. Diapers are in the closet next to the changing table and her clothes are in the drawers adjacent to the rocking chair. Got it?" Desiree asked, an eyebrow raised. She was eager to go.

No. "Yeah, yeah sure. I got it."

"Okay good. Bye Love, have fun." And with that Desiree was gone and Nick was left with Meri.

"Well this is going to be a day."

-

Nick thought everything would be the same. He thought everything would still be easy, but he was sorely mistaken.

After Desiree left he quickly got dressed and put Meri in her car seat. They drove ten minutes to Desiree's apartment and Nick played some of his music for Meri, which she very much enjoyed.

It took Nick a little while to find Meri some clothes and where her diapers and stuff were at but eventually he found them and put her in an 'interesting' outfit to say the least.

When they got back to Nick's house they found the boys in the kitchen cooking breakfast. But for some reason Meri wouldn't eat and she started crying for her mom. Nick didn't know why she wouldn't eat, or why she was crying non stop, but his roommates were not having it.

"Nick, I don't mean to be a dickhead, but can you take your screaming ass baby upstairs?" Zion said bluntly.

"You're still a dickhead." Nick rolled his eyes and took Meri upstairs. He tried everything, but she still wouldn't eat or stop crying. He texted Desiree to see if she had any suggestions to make her feel better, but she was probably busy so he didn't get a text back.

After scouring the internet for answers and having no success Nick did the only thing he knew he was good at. He sang to her.

"Baby, I ain't got no money. All we got is love, but I know that can see us through. It might sound crazy, but why do we need sunshine when we can stay and sip warm beer all hold up in our room. That's how I'll spend my summer on you."

Nick sang to his daughter for what seemed like an hour. He sang all sorts of things like his songs, Stevie Wonder, he even sang some Chris Brown (but that was more for him). He didn't even realize that she was knocked out in his arms just like she was a few hours prior.

Nick laid Meri down on his bed and placed the blanket on her. Nick didn't want to accidentally disturb the baby so he decided to just sit on the floor and rest.

His rest didn't last long. Austin and Zion peeked their heads into his room and saw it disheveled and Nick sitting on the floor.

"Yo, what happened in here?" Austin said looking around. Nick gestured to the sleeping baby and the boys nodded in understanding.

"Anyway, Zion wanted to apologize, right Z?" Austin glared at the tall dread head.

"Oh uh, yeah. Sorry I called your baby loud and annoying." Zion said insincerely.

"You didn't call her that."

"Oh, well your baby is loud and annoying." Zion said and Austin hit his arm. "Ow."

"What is it with you and babies anyway?" Nick asked.

"I don't like them they don't like me. We just have that understanding to keep away from each other."

"You won't be saying that when you have a kid Z." Austin folded his arms and shook his head.

"You mean IF I am ever misfortunate enough to knock up a girl and she decides to keep it, like our good friend Nick here." Zion pats the boys shoulders, but Nick shakes him off.

"Don't talk about her like that. Sure this wasn't the position I thought I'd be in, but I love her and Desiree is back in my life again, so I can't really complain."

"Hey, I'm happy for you buddy." Austin said and glanced at the baby. "Man it's crazy looking at her. It's like a mini-Nick."

Nick smiled. "Everyone keeps saying that. I think she looks more like Des though."

"Man Nick, you're whipped. You're really geeked about this girl." Zion said crossing his arms. "Couldn't be me." (Sure Zion.)

"Yeah I know, but she's gonna be mine again. She's starting to open up. It's only a matter of time now."

"Good luck buddy." Austin pat Nick on the shoulder and they left the boy's room.

Nick just knew he would get Des back, but what he didn't know was someone else had the same plans.

Lo's Hoes
Y'all thought you was getting a happy ending that quick? Sike... don't worry it'll still be good tho. Comment and vote (also plz don't hate me <3)