𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕥𝕨𝕠

When Desiree awoke the first thing she saw was a little hand coming towards her eye. She quickly deflected the poke and sat up grabbing Meridee and giving her a hug.

"Good morning Baby. Were you trying to wake me up?" Desiree chuckled when the girl nodded and grinned from ear to ear. Desiree finally got up and went to bathroom. She washed her and Meri's face and went downstairs to find Nick.

Once they got to the bottom of the steps she put Meri on the ground. "Where's Daddy?" Desiree asked and the toddler took off running towards the kitchen. She probably smelled the pancakes.

Desiree followed her baby and to their surprise they found Zion in the kitchen.

"Morning." Zion barely looked up from what he was doing until he felt two baby arms wrap around his calf. Desiree could tell he was a little uneasy, but he slowly calmed down after giving the baby a little piece of a pancake and she ran back to her mom.

"Wow Zion, I didn't expect that from you." Desiree chuckled.

"I do the same thing for Simba." Zion stated flatly.

"Oh..." Desiree didn't know how she felt about comparing her child to a dog, but it was harmless.

When Zion finally finished cooking he placed three plates on the table.

"Where is everybody?" Desiree looked down noticing the lack of dinnerware.

"Brandon and Austin are with their girlfriends, Edwin is at the gym, and I don't really know where Nick went he just left probably an hour ago."

"Oh." Desiree was a bit worried about Nick just leaving without warning. She hoped he wasn't out trying to start stuff with Wesley. He probably would considering he did the same thing in high school when somebody hit on her. He beat the shit out of them actually. But Wes... well he is a fitness guru after all.

There was an awkward silence between the two adults. Des noticed Zion was watching the baby eat. She was using her hands and getting syrup all over herself and the table.

"Sorry..." Des said quickly and went to get a baby wipe from her purse.

"It's fine."

"I mean... about us being here. I know you're only 20 you shouldn't have to worry about a baby in your house all the time. But me and Wes are done now, so she won't be here as much and..."

"It's fine. I know what you're going through right now... you guys can stay as long as you want, or whatever. Plus I always make too much food for just myself anyway."

"...Oh ok. Thanks." What Zion said was sweet, although Desiree was a bit confused. She didn't know why Nick would tell Zion that.

Speak of the devil. The front door quickly opened and Nick stepped inside, coming around the corner he saw Des, Meri, and Zion enjoying their meal.

"Hey." Nick smiled.

"Hi. Where have you been?" Desiree cocked her eyebrow.

"Out. I needed to take care of things." Nick said. He grabbed the seat next to Desiree and placed Meri on his lap.

"Things like what?"

"Security measures."

Desiree gave Nick a confused look.

"Securit- Nick, what are you talking about? Did you do something to my apartment?" Desiree was stern. Not necessarily the reaction he thought he'd get.

"I had to. Just little stuff. I went and got some of you and Meri's stuff and I went to a lock smith."

Desiree just stared in disbelief. "Why would you do all of that?"

"Because it needed to be done."

"I didn't ask you to do that."

"You didn't have to. I had to do what I needed to do to keep you safe."

"You don't need to worry about keeping me safe!" Desiree said. Nick didn't understand why Des was catching an attitude. He had to make sure Wesley wouldn't be a problem anymore. He thought Desiree would be a little more grateful.

Zion feeling the tension in the room decided this was a good time to make his leave and finish his breakfast elsewhere. Quietly the dread-head slipped out of the dining room and up to his bedroom undetected.

"Des look. I know you're probably confused right now, but I needed to make sure you were okay."

"The only thing I'm confused about is why you thought it was okay to invade my privacy of my own home and change my locks without my permission. I didn't ask you to do any of that and you had no right!" Desiree scoffed.

"I'm sorry. Are you seriously mad at me for protecting you?!" Nick cocked his eyebrow.

"Protecting me? From what?"

"Wes! Y'know your ex? What if he comes back and tries to get back with you?"

"This is what this is about? To make sure he doesn't try to get back with me. I don't know if you noticed, but we're not together."

"Yeah I know Desiree. I'm protecting you from him so he doesn't hurt you again. I don't know if you noticed, but he gave you that bruise on your arm!" Nick shouted. That was another thing that hadn't changed since Nick and Des were together. Desiree was still as stubborn as ever and knew how to push Nick to his limit. He didn't mean to scream, but he did. Not only did it shock Des and shut her up, but it scared Meri too.

Meri started whining and had tears welling up. Desiree quickly took the toddler into her arms. She cooed the baby until she calmed down.

"Des I-" Nick tried to reach out to her, but she quickly moved away.

"I'm going upstairs. Meridee needs a nap." Desiree quickly went up the stairs and into Nick's room.

Nick held his head in his hands and sighed harshly. "Fuck."

Lo's Hoes
You know I love me some Drama but imma let them be happy soon... maybe. Vote and comment loves <3