𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖

Desiree knew that Meri was probably having the time of her life right now. She had Nick all to herself. There was nothing that girl loved more then spending time with her father. Desiree of course didn't mind because it was quite possibly the most wholesome and beautiful sight she'd ever laid her eyes on. Today them being together was especially useful because Des has to do some shopping for Meridee's birthday party this weekend.

Des' first stop was party city where she bought tons of decorations and party favors for the kids coming to the party and luckily she had company. Solana was holding a basket and kept in step with Des as they walked through the store aisles.

"I still can't believe you're inviting all those stuck up white supremacist bitches to the party." Solana scoffed as Des checked out.

"I'm only inviting them because Meri likes their kids. She can't grow up with only one friend her age and five guys in their twenties forever. Austin is already corrupting her with all his anime." Desiree giggled.

"Y'know Austin is pretty cute for a white boy. Maybe I should slide in his DMs." Solana grinned.

"Sol, I keep telling you. Austin is in a happy relationship with his girlfriend Ansley." Des shakes her head and the girls walk out of the store and out to Des' car.

"Yeah but she's so basic. I think he needs to add a little Latin spice to his life." Solana smirked.

"Austin hates spicy food." Des shook her head and laughed. Solana's face instantly dropped and she folded her arms.

"You can't just let me live Desiree." Desiree laughed then shrugged. She pulled out of the parking lot and made their way to their next stop.

At Target, Des first stopped down the toy aisle to get Meri some presents. She got her a couple of dolls and little tablet for toddlers. She then went to the grocery aisle and got plenty of snacks and food to cook. She checked the list that Nick's mom sent her and got all the ingredients for her "world-famous" baked ziti.

"Anyway I thought you and Zion were flirting and shit the last time you came over?" Des raised an eyebrow bringing up the conversation from earlier.

"That was harmless. Plus I get total fuckboy vibes from him." Solana stated matter-of-factly causing Des to agree with the accuracy of her statement.

The girls turned down an aisle and Des' eyes went big and she immediately turned around.

"Desiree, where are you going? The oregano is on this aisle." Desiree gripped Solana's arm and pulled her  behind the shelves on the other side.

"C'mon let's hurry up and pay and get out of here. I can get the rest of this stuff somewhere else."

"Sis why are you so panicked? Is there someone here you don't wanna see?"

"Yeah my abusive ass ex-boyfriend I really don't want him to see me, because if he even talks to me Nick will freak the fuck out." Desiree sighed. Solana sucked her teeth.

"Ugh, why are men so terrible? Okay let's get out of here before he sees you." Solana and Des started in the direction of the registers, but were cut off by all tall man blocking their path.

Shit.

"You never were good at being sneaky, Desiree." Wes splayed a pathetic smile across his face.

"I don't want to see you Wes. You need to leave me alone." Desiree backed up from the large man, subconsciously going into a more densely populated area.

"I promise I'm not stalking you or anything. Just grocery shopping."

"Why at this Target? You live in a Beverly Hills."

"I'm getting this for my grandmother. She's sick and I'm helping take care of her." Wes explained. "She lives in an assisted living house a few blocks from here."

"You've never said anything about your sick grandma before." Desiree said quietly. She hoped he wasn't lying, that hit a little too close to home for her.

"She wasn't this bad until recently. It might be her time to go soon."

"I'm sorry Wes that's terrible. I'll keep her in my prayers."

"Thank you Des." Desiree internally cringed at his use of her nickname.

"Well we'd ought to be going. I have to finish shopping-"

"Wait! M-maybe we could get some lunch I'd love to catch up and talk about some things. I really am sorry and I hate the way things ended between us. And you're friend could come too, then I could drop you off anywhere-"

"No thanks." Solana butt in. "We have things to do and a strict schedule to follow, plus I don't need you dropping me off anywhere." Solana folded her arms.

Wes frowned. He didn't like it when people talked for Des, especially women who didn't know their place. He was about to say something when Desiree's sweet voice rang through his ears.

"I'm sorry Wes. We've seen each other enough. I'm sorry for your grandmother, but like I've said, I don't want to see or associate with you anymore." And with that the two girls had left from Wes' sight and he thought he'd never see Des again and Desiree desperately hoped it was true.

Lo's Hoes
All imma say is y'all know me and y'all know what I do. Get ready for the next chapter y'all 😏 comment and vote luvs