𝕊𝕚𝕩

Nick booked the soonest flight to New Jersey, ordered an Uber and frantically packed a bag full of clothes for the next few days. In his rush to pack he hadn't noticed how loud he was being and accidentally woke up a sleeping giant.

"Nick. Nick where are you going?" Zion asked his roommate as he was preparing to leave in the middle of the night.

"Home."

"Nigga you're at home!? Don't tell me you sleepwalk now too."

"No like New Jersey home."

"Oh, what're you going there for? And why so last minute?"

"Something came up."

"Is everything okay?"

"I don't know yet Z. But I gotta go so I can find out."

"Aight man do what you gotta do. You know when you're coming back?"

"Nope. But I shouldn't be gone longer than a week."

"Okay, well I hope you figure ya shit out. And don't worry about your solos, I'll sing them for you." Zion smirked and Nick flipped him off.

Nick finished packing his suitcase and went down to his Uber and headed to the airport.

Once the boy landed in his hometown he texted Desiree.

iMessage

i'm in town
where can I meet you?

coffee shop on 8th
in an hour

Ok

Nick has some time to kill so he decided to go pay a visit to his family to let them know he was in town.

-

"Percy can you do me another favor?" Desiree said as she creeped into the bedroom of her brother.

Percy woke up a bit discombobulated as it was still very early in the morning.

"W-what is it?"

"Can you watch Meri for a couple of hours I have to go meet someone..."

"No Dezy, I have work. I can't just drop everything when you want to go meet up with friends. That's not my kid."

"I know she's not. And I'm not just trying to go hang with friends I have to deal with something serious."

"What's so serious that it has to be this early and she can't go with you?!"

"Can you both shut the hell up! I'll watch the baby just stop arguing damn." Haley exclaimed. Desiree wasn't aware that she was in there, as she thought she had work today, nonetheless the girl was grateful that she had a babysitter for the morning.

"My bad Haley, but thanks."

"Yeah yeah whatever, just get out." The girl demanded and Desiree obliged. She made her way back to her room to get dressed then go and see Nick.

-

When Nick arrived at the coffee shop he looked around for the girl. He wasn't sure if he was too early to arrive or late. All he knew was he was nervous. He didn't know if he was ready to see Desiree, let alone Meridee, but then again he wasn't even sure if Des would bring her. Lost in his thoughts he felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Nick?"

It was her. the love of his life. The girl whom no one could compare. And she looked as beautiful as ever.

"H-hi Des."

His voice was just as soothing as ever. Something about the way Nick spoke was always calming for Desiree. She used to find it so easy to talk to him, but now it feels so foreign.

"We should sit." Desiree moved to sit in the booth closest to them and Nick sat across from her.

"What's going on Des? You don't look too good. You look tired. Are you sleeping?" Desiree shook her head. "Is it the nightmares again?" Desiree nodded in response.

"That and stress is giving me insomnia, but when I end up getting to sleep I have the nightmares again."

"Well what's going on?"

"A lot Nick. A lot." Nick grabbed the girls hand from across the table. And with that the ease was back. It was like nothing had ever changed. It felt almost as if they picked up right where they left off.

Desiree left out a deep sigh and started from the beginning. She filled Nick in on every detail of her life from the time he left to now. By the end of everything Desiree was lightly crying recounting the death of her mother and her financial state to Nick. She hated seeming like she was helpless, but at this point what else could she do?

"I'm so sorry Des." The boy was now sitting on the other side of the booth consoling the girl. "Is there anything I can do?"

"Sure, you could buy me a house." Desiree joked to try and deflect her emotions. Nick loosened his grip on the girl's shoulder and looked at her seriously.

"W-what why are you looking at me like that?" Desiree chuckled nervously.

"Move to LA."

"Nick you're not serious."

"Yeah I am. It would be perfect you could move in and we could be like a family. Make this right."

"Nick, be realistic. You have roommates and with your career, it's hard to raise a baby in that environment."

"You know about my band?"

"Yeah, you think I've never googled you?"

"And you didn't think to ever reach out?"

"Please. Let's not argue."

Nick sighed and nodded his head softly.

"Okay. But please move to LA. You don't have to live with me. I- I can get you an apartment and you can pay rent once you get a new job down there. I mean what's to lose?"

Desiree pondered this for a second. "I don't know. I can't just up and leave. That's too impulsive. Plus what about Percy?"

"Your brother? He'll be okay. Look Des, I love that you are always thinking about others and you're so selfless, but for once think about yourself. If not yourself do it for Meri too. I can support you, I'm making good money now."

"Ok Nick."

"You'll move?" Nick was clearly excited.

"I'll think about it."

Nick sighed and grabbed Desiree's hand. "Okay. I'll be in town for a few more days. Just let me know before I leave, okay?"

"Alright I promise." Nick and Desiree hugged and left the café both heading in their opposite directions.

Lo's Hoes
Y'all think Nick gone be a good dad? 🤔 make sure to comment and vote if you enjoyed 🤗