𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕆𝕟𝕖

Desiree walked and walked. She wanted to clear her mind. Figure out exactly what she was going to say and do once she finally had to face Nick. Would she tell him about what happened? She had to right? That's not something you should keep from someone you love. And that. How would she tell him she Loved him again.

These were all the thoughts racing through the girl's mind on her walk to the boy's house. They were cut short, though as she approached the front door. She rang the bell and was greeted with a surprised looking Zion. His surprise soon turned to delight as he yelled into the house.

"Nick! Desiree is here to collect her child."

"Actually, I'm staying." Des said through droopy eyes. Zion had a skeptical look on his face and looked Des up and down.

"I thought you were hanging out with your boyfriend?"

"Zion can you please stop being an asshole for like two seconds and let me inside. I'm freezing out here." Desiree hugged her arms trying to give herself some type of warmth.

"Well you probably should've put some clothes on." Des noticed she didn't take a sweater before leaving her house.The boy shook his head, finally stepping aside to let Desiree inside. The girl walked up to Nick's room to find him sprawled out on the bed with Meri watching cartoons on his laptop.

"Momma!" The toddler exclaimed as Desiree opened the door.

"Des?" Nick sounded shocked. "What are you doing here? I thought you uhm... had something to do... with Wes."

"I broke up with him Nick!" Desiree blurted out. She didn't know how else to say it. Might as well just rip the band-aid off quickly and get it over with.

"Oh." Was all Nick could think to say. Truthfully, on the inside Nick was ecstatic, but he couldn't show that emotion to the girl. She looked vulnerable still.

Desiree didn't realize it earlier but all that's happened really put a toll on her. She looked exhausted and saddened and had tear stained cheeks. Her cheeks wouldn't keep stained for long, as her eye ducts began to fill once more.

"Des..." Nick rushed to the girl engrossing her in a warm hug. Nick wiped her wet cheeks. "You don't have to say anything right now. Go and shower and I'll get you something to wear. Then we can talk if you want." When Des finally let go of Nick she nodded and head to the bathroom, stopping to give her daughter a hug and kiss before going into the adjacent bathroom.

Des turned on the shower to hot and got in. She let the water run down her skin letting the stress of the day wash down the drain. After 20 minutes she figured it'd been long enough and got out of the shower. When she stepped out she noticed her appearance in the fogged over mirror. She'd put on a bit of weight from the holidays. Her silk pressed hair had gone back to its natural state of beautiful 4A curls. She could see the bags under her eyes even through the fog of the mirror. She could also see the bruises that Wes left. They were still prominent on her arms after weeks. Just the sight was almost enough to make Desiree cry.

"Des you forgot to grab a towel." Nick abruptly opened the door after knocking twice. He didn't expect to the see the naked girl standing in the mirror, and he didn't know if those were tears or water dripping off the girls face. "My bad I- I thought you were still in the shower." Nick shut his eyes and held the towel out for the girl.

"It's fine Nick. It's nothing you haven't seen before, right?" Des tried to chuckle. "Thanks."

Nick slowly parted his eyelids from each other seeing the girl wrap the towel around her body. He took in her appearance. Water beautifully cascaded off her features and her hair had a beautiful wet curl pattern to it. Nick was shocked though to see dark purple patches on her forearms however.

"Des are you..." Nick reached out to touch the girl, but she quickly jerked her arm away. Nick looked up at her seriously. The girl had fear and sadness filling her eyes. Nick approached her slowly wanting nothing more than to just hold her in his arms and not let go. He wanted to protect her from everything.

Slowly Nick wrapped his body around the short girl trying to stop her shivering. Once her body finally stilled, he finally went outright and said it. He couldn't keep quiet any longer.

"Did Wes do this to you?" He said in a monotone voice.

"N-Nick he..." Desiree trailed off, but then just nodded her head.

"I swear to God, I'll fucking kill him." Nick smashed his fist against the wall giving Desiree and Meridee a fright. The toddler started whining wanting her parents back in her grasp. The two went back over to the bed and Desiree cradled the baby in her arms.

"I'm here baby, don't worry. Mommy won't leave you anymore." Des gave the girl a kiss on her forehead and hugged her like she hadn't seen her in years. Nick slowly joined the embrace wrapping his arm around Des. She rested her head on his shoulder letting out a deep sigh.

"You don't have to talk right now if you don't want to..." Nick was being surprisingly calm, all things considering.

"But I need you to tell me eventually." Desiree nodded. He was right. Keeping these feelings bottled up would do no good. After a long time she finally told Nick. Everything. From the first time he grabbed her, to the time he hit her unexpectedly and didn't even apologize for it. To the times he would disappear without a trace for days then come back acting like nothing happened. Saying all this out loud finally made her realize she was in a toxic relationship.

"I'm so sorry Des. I shouldn't have let this happen. I can't believe I let this happen to you. I knew he had a weird vibe, I should've-"

"Nick... it's not your fault. I'm... I'm the one who wouldn't let you back in. I wouldn't have been in this situation if I had just went back to you."

"No stop. Don't blame yourself for that. None of what happened to you is your fault. It's all that prick's fault."

"Ok..." Desiree nodded. She looked down to see a sleeping Meri. She placed her in the middle of Nick's bed and pulled the covers up over her.

Nick gave Des a hoodie and some shorts to wear considering she was still siting in a towel.

"Thanks Nick."

"You're welcome." Nick watched as she put the clothes on seeing the multiple bruises she had in her arms. As Desiree slipped the hoodie over her small frame she rubbed her bruised arms against the warm sleeves, looking fo some level of comfort.

"Come here." Nick held out his arms for the girl. Desiree walked over to Nick and climbed onto his lap wrapping her arms around his neck. Nick returned the girl by wrapping his arms tightly around her waist.

"I gotchu now. No matter what okay? Just you me and Meri, alright?" Desiree nodded into the crook of his Neck.

"It's late. Let's get some sleep." Nick flipped so Des was laying down on her back. He placed a sweet kiss on her forehead and went to the other side of the bed, waiting until Des fell asleep to do the same.

Lo's Hoes

So.... y'all prolly already know, but this ain't gone be the last of Wes... and I know you're gonna hate me for what's so I'm apologizing in advance Still love y'all tho🥺