𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

Desiree had worked at her new job about a month now and she was really adjusting into her new life well. Nick looked after Meridee on Thursdays and they would all have a family day every other Sunday.

At her job she was just starting to take charge of her first solo project since her last one was a huge success. Now she would do a shoot for GQ magazine. She didn't know who her model would be yet, but everyone at her office was saying that he was "so fine". Most people already knew who he was because he was discovered through this agency.

But today was the first official shoot day and Desiree finally gets to meet her model, who should've already been there by now.

Desiree was talking with the photographer when a tall handsome man came in.

"Sorry I'm late guys, there was a lot of traffic on my way here." The man looked around. "Hi I'm Wesley Damon, but you can call me Wes." He held out his hand to Des. She shook it, but thought to herself that she had never seen a black man named Wesley, but there's a first time for everything.

But of course the rumors were true this man was extremely handsome; beautiful really. She could see why he would be on the cover of GQ.

"Hi I'm Desiree. And I guess I'm running this shoot today."

"Ah, you're the new producer everyone is talking about."

"People are talking about me?" Desiree's eyebrow raised and her breath was caught short.

"Yeah. You are the youngest person to co-create as successful a shoot as the one you made for People. Everyone loved the spread."

Wow, Desiree didn't even know that.

"But I guess we should get started, eh?"

"Uh yeah." Desiree went to talk to the photographer and the shoot got started.

-

Wesley was really a natural, Desiree could see why everyone loved him.

"Great job today Wes. We'll probably only need you for another day or two, not a whole week like we thought before."

"You trying to get rid of me already, Ms. Coleman?" Wesley smiles showing off his perfect pearly whites.

"I told you just call me Desiree. 'Ms. Coleman' is way too formal." Desiree giggled.

"Ok then Desiree let me take you out to an early dinner and then maybe to a bar. I'd love to get to know you better." Wesley grinned and grabbed Desiree's arm. Desiree smiles and got butterflies in her stomach, but she quickly pushed those feelings away. She knew this relationship wouldn't work out, they worked together after all.

"I'm sorry Wes, but we can't. We work together it wouldn't work out."

Wesley rolled his eyes a bit, but quickly recovered, taking Desiree's hand in his. "Just one date, then I promise I'll leave you alone."

Desiree sighed. "I'm sorry Wes, I couldn't even if I wanted to, I have to go get my daughter from daycare. She only goes to her dad's on Thursdays."

"You're a mom?" Wes asked, his face unreadable.

"...Yeah." Des said, although she didn't know why she was nervous.

"That's so beautiful. You're successful and you're a mother. Man Coleman, you truly are admirable."

Desiree was flattered. "Well, thank you."

"But you said you'll be free Thursday, right?"

"Well, maybe-"

"Perfect I'll take you out then. And by that point we won't be working together anymore so you won't have anymore excuses, beautiful." Wes strokes Desiree's cheek and swiftly left the building, saluting as he walked out.

Desiree guessed she had a date on Thursday evening.

-

Thursday rolled around and Des had almost forgot to text Nick that she'd be late picking up Meri tonight. Nick said this was fine, but reasonably asked the reason why. When he found out she was going on a date, saying that he was crushed was definitely an understatement.

"Fuck!" Nick cried from the kitchen. Edwin covered Meri's ears from the living room and let his mouth hang agape.

"Nicholas, language! There are young ears around." Edwin shakes his head.

"Sorry," Nick says running his hands through his hair. "Desiree is just going on a date." he rolls his eyes.

"Seriously?" Edwin asked and gets up from the floor to sit on the couch with Nick.

"Apparently, that's why she's coming to pick up Meri late today."

"Damn Nick. I thought things were going good with y'all. What happened to you were gonna get her back?"

"Well I was trying, but Des is so stubborn, anytime I'd try something she'd just shoot it down. But the last time she was here with Meri I thought we were making progress," Nick sighed after his long winded rant, "but I guess not."

"That's rough man." Edwin pat his friend on the back as Nick held his head in his hands.

"Who is the guy anyway? It's not like she knows that many people, except for the people at her job and us."

"Doesn't she work at a modeling company, though. A lot of people going in and out of there. She probably met someone there."

That's when Nick realized, "Oh my God, she's dating a model!?" He exclaimed then flipped back onto the couch, causing Meri to look up at him quizzically. "Did you know about this bruh?" Nick asked his daughter and she just stared blankly at him.

"Uh Nick. She's a baby." Edwin said.

"Yo I'm buggin." Nick sighs.

"Don't worry man it's just one date. Probably nothing will even come from it."

Nick hoped Edwin was right. He was so close to getting Des back that he couldn't lose her again. He really hoped that it was just a one time thing.

Lo's Hoes

Let's hope Edwin's right...