𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕗𝕚𝕧𝕖

"Nick can you please get her up. We're going to be late." Des was frantically trying to finish her slick back. "I told you I can't be late today I have a deadline."

"Des, I got her today."

"What about rehearsal?" The band had a show this weekend and today was their dry rehearsal, so Nick couldn't just skip out on that.

"Babysitter?"

"Why would you get a babysitter when we already pay daycare tuition." Desiree rolled her eyes.

"C'mon Des she's been going there all week, I've barely seen her."

"Because you have to work." Desiree said coming out of her bathroom. She passed by Nick over to the closet to grab her blazer.

"Do you always have to wear that?" Nick asked staring at the pencil skirt that the girl dawned.

"What do you mean?"

"You just be going to work caked up like that?" Nick snickered. He walked behind Des and smacked her ass.

"Nick seriously I'm gonna be late. Can you just get Meri up and drop her off at the daycare before you go to rehearsal?"

"Yeah Des, I got it." Nick sighed.

"Thank you." Des gave Nick a quick kiss on the cheek and left to Meri's room to give her a quick kiss before heading out of her apartment.

Nick walked in Meri's room after Des went out and got her dressed for the day. Nick's skills to picking out fits for babies has gotten a little better. At least he didn't dress her like a rodeo clown (Desiree's words; not mine) this time.

The two ate breakfast and watched cartoons together.

"Ready to go Meri?" Nick grabbed the toddlers hand and she smiled up at him.

"Nick." Meri said happily. As the two walked to Nick's car, Nick desperately tried to get Meri to say 'Daddy' but to no avail. It was like she was mocking him.

"Okay, let's go." Nick sighed. He drove out of the complex and to Desiree's job.

Once he got to the building he quickly found the little daycare center and went to check Meri in.

"I'm here to check in my daughter." Nick said to the desk lady.

"Oh you're Meridee's father. Nice to meet you. Desiree and Meri are just so lovely. I'll have Meri's teacher come and get her." The nice lady who worked the desk spoke.

"Thank you." He nodded and waited patiently with Meri's hand in his. He saw a tall and slender woman wearing an interesting ensemble come out.

"Well hello Meridee. Are you ready for sch-" The woman cut herself off when she saw Nick. "I... Uh..."

"Hi I'm Nick. I'm Meri's dad. It's nice to meet-"

"Oh my God you're, NICK MARA!" The woman squealed. Nick wouldn't have taken her as a fan, then again she did look pretty young.

"Yeah. It's nice to meet you Miss...?"

"Oh I'm Miss Sunshine. B-but you can call me Leslie. That- that's my first name, I mean." The young lady grabbed his hand and shook it for a little too long. She was letting the feeling of his palm linger on her for a bit.

"Nice to meet you Leslie." Nick smiled at  the girl. And she just smiled back looking at him, making Nick feel a bit uncomfortable. It wasn't until the desk lady cleared her throat that Miss Sunshine came back down to Earth.

"Oh uh, sorry." Leslie finally let go of his hand.

Nick just chuckled. "So you're a fan? Are you gonna go to our charity concert tomorrow night?"

"Yes of course. I got a ticket as soon as it went on sale!"

"That's great. I guess I'll see you then."

"Yes you will. And maybe after too?!" She said with much enthusiasm and excitement.

"Uh maybe I don't know..." Nick chuckled awkwardly.

"I heard that sometimes you let fans backstage after shows."

"Yeah sometimes... b-but I don't think we'll do it this show." Nick nicely tried to shut her down. It probably hadn't clicked in Leslie's head, that Desiree and Nick were together, yet.

"Oh. Well I'll see you around then." Leslie shrugged, a large smile still plastered on her face.

"Yep, here." Nick smiled, desperately wanting to end this conversation. Leslie stares at him til she realized what he was there for.

"Oh right. Come on Meri. Let's go play with the other kids." The teacher hurriedly rushed back into the daycare center mentally cursing at herself for being awkward and fangirling.

Nick watched the two go inside. Once he was sure they were gone he turned to the door.

On his way out he was almost knocked off his feet.

"Woah! M-my bad-" Nick looked up and he couldn't believe his eyes. Fucking Wes.

Lo's Hoes
Lol oops, he's back 🙂 (Btw the cast list has been updated with a more realistic depiction of Meridee at this age and two new characters who who'll be introduced sooon) vote and comment loves