𝕋𝕨𝕠

It's been about a month since Desiree's whole life went to shit. After the funeral money was tight and Desiree was struggling to pay bills for her small apartment. She had been laid off not too long after Melinda passed and her depression got even worse when she still couldn't find work. Of course Percy offered to help her, but he had his own problems and bills to pay. She couldn't burden her brother anymore than she already had.

It was a Wednesday afternoon. The day when Meridee and Desiree used to go to Mommy and Me classes which Desiree has since cancelled. Desiree was watching her daughter nap in her crib and thought about how her life got here up to now.

|flashback|

The day of Desiree's high school graduation she woke up vomiting. She really hadn't drank that much last night, so she didn't know what was wrong with her, but she couldn't worry about that right now. She had to get ready to get to school for graduation. She was already behind schedule

-

When Desiree got to school she immediately saw her boyfriend Nick.

"Hey baby." Desiree ran up and hugged him tightly. Nick put her down on the ground and had a serious look on his face.

"What's wrong Babe?"

"Des... I gotta tell you something."

"What is it Nick? You were fine last night. Do I gotta beat somebody ass? Just tell me and-"

"I'm moving Des. Tomorrow." Nick interrupted Desiree's rambling.

"What?"

"I'm moving to LA tomorrow to be in a band. I'm sorry I waited til now to tell you, I just didn't know how you would react."

For the first time in her life Desiree was rendered speechless.

"Say something Des."

Desiree just shook her head. "How long? How long have you know?"

"A few months."

"And you didn't tell me."

"I didn't wanna hurt you."

"And you think this doesn't hurt? I can't believe you. Thanks for ruining my graduation asshole." Desiree ran (well swiftly walked) away from Nick leaving him alone in the school parking lot.

-

Not long after Nick left for California Desiree found out she was pregnant. She contemplated calling Nick, but she was too stubborn after he hurt her so badly. Luckily Desiree's family was very supportive of her throughout her pregnancy and she was able to get a good paying job and an apartment even though she always wanted to have the college experience she wouldn't trade her life for anything.

|end of flashback|

Desiree always felt bad about never telling Nick about his child. She never needed him, but now be a of her current situation maybe she did need someone.

Desiree was still stubborn as ever though and wouldn't give in that easily. Instead of just getting in contact with Nick she decided to just let all her frustrations out and write him a letter.

Nick,

I know it's been almost three years since I last talked to your or seen you or anything... but I need to get this out because I'm so tired of keeping my feelings bottled up. When you left I thought you ruined my life. Surprise you got me pregnant. I didn't know what to do at the time, I couldn't pursue my dreams and go to college. I had to change my whole life plan because of you. But I can't be mad. I have to thank you for giving me the love of my life. Her name is Meridee Grace. And as much as I hate to admit it, she looks and acts just like you. Just as lovable and determined as you are. I didn't tell you because I didn't think you deserved it. I didn't think you deserved to be in her life because of what you did, but the truth is she's your daughter too and I shouldn't have kept that from you. One day you'll meet her probably when I stop loving you and can stand to see your cute ass face again, but that will probably never happen. You will se her eventually I can promise to you that I just don't know when yet. Anyway this is getting long and my hand is starting to cramp. Point is I love you and thank you for giving me someone to love in your absence. I'll always be grateful for you Nick Mara.

Desiree

And with that Desiree folded up the note and put it in an envelope with Nick's name name on it and put it away in her desk drawer tucked away for good.

Lo's Hoes

I feel like these first few chapters move rlly fast but don't worry they'll get better 😁 don't forget to hit the star ⭐️