ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖

It was moving day. It's been a few weeks since Nick came to see Desiree and Meridee and they found a place that was close to Nick and still somewhat affordable. Desiree was looking into jobs in California and on her first day there she'd be interviewing for a production job in a modeling agency. It's not movie producing, but it's as close as she could get with her skill set from her online classes.

Percy finished loading the last of Desiree's things into his car to take her to the airport.

"Alright Kiddo, you're all set to go." Percy pat the trunk.

"Thanks Bro. I really appreciate you doing all this for me."

"Of course. I'm always gonna look out for you, even when your all the way across the country." Percy chuckled.

"Thanks Percy. I love you."

"Love you too Baby Sister. But we gotta go if we're gonna get you to the airport in time." Desiree nodded. She quickly strapped her toddler into her car seat and her brother started off to the airport.

-

"Where are you going Nick?" Zion asked from the couch as he saw his roommate dash to get his keys. Nick was struggling to put his sweatshirt on when he answered the boy.

"I'm late man. Desiree and Meridee's flight came in 10 minutes ago. And somebody didn't wake me up." Nick glared at Zion.

"Oh shit that was today?"

"Yea it's today and now I'm late and she's gonna hate me again." Nick said and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Dude, chill out and go get her." Zion shooed Nick our of the door. Nick quickly got in the car and called Desiree.

She picked up after the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey Des. I'm so sorry I'm running late, my alarm didn't go off, but I should be at the airport in 30."

"It's fine Nick. Our bags haven't even come in yet."

"Okay." Nick let out a small sigh of relief. "I'll see you soon."

"Alright." Desiree said. "Bye."

"Bye." Nick through his phone down into the passenger seat and started speeding off towards the highway.

-

Desiree walked out of her gate with Meridee in her arms and looked for a white SUV. Nick ran up to Desiree and directed her to his car.

"Hey Des." Nick gives the girl a hug. "Hello Princess." Nick says giving Meri a kiss on her cheek.

"She missed you." Desiree smiled.

"Oh yeah?" Nick asked. "And what about you?"

"Maybe I missed you a little."

"Just a little?"

"Yes Nicholas, now please help me with all my stuff." Desiree rolled her eyes and Nick just laughed.

Desiree quickly installed Meridee's car seat into the backseat of Nick's car. Then she went to finish up packing the car.

"Damn, y'all got a lot of stuff."

"Yeah, it's mostly Meri's."

"How much stuff could a baby possibly need?"

"A lot. You'll find out soon enough." Desiree pat Nick on the back and walked around the car to the front seat. Desiree was very happy to be in LA and out of the stale New Jersey town that she's lived in her whole life.

Nick climes into the front seat and starts the car.

"Are you guys hungry?"

"Sure I could eat. What do you suggest."

"Well it's your first time in LA you've gotta try In-N-Out."

"Okay. But if this place is trash imma be mad."

"Trust me Ma, this food gone blow your mind."

"Mmhmmm."

Nick sped down the highway towards the closest Burger restaurant.

Lo's Hoes
Hey There 👋🏾 I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter I just felt like uploading more frequently because I'm almost done with both of my current books so that fun 😗  N E ways vote and comment❤️🙏🏾