𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

Nick was starting to lose hope. Gradually Wes was starting to be more and more involved in Des, Meri, and his life and he did not like it one bit.

Wes always seemed to be around, when Desiree dated Nick they weren't around each other nearly as much (then again it was high school so...). Wes was always over Desiree's apartment. When he dropped off Meri, or when he made up an excuse to just come see them, he was always there.

Wes was even interfering with how much he saw Meri and Des. One particular Thursday, Des was off work and decided she and Meri would go to Beverly Hills to stay with Wes at his house. Nick was obviously angry about this. He hated the idea of his daughter ever thinking that Wes was in any way more of a father than him.

But that wasn't the case one Saturday when Desiree called Nick in the middle of the night.

"H-hello?" Nick's raspy voice rang through the phone.

"Nick, um did I leave Meri's blanket at your house? I can't find it." Des asked sounding exhausted.

"Um I don't know, I could check in the morning."

"Could you check now, it's kind of important."

"It's just a blanket Ma."

"I know it's just... never mind." Des said and contemplated hanging up.

"Wait no, what is it?"

"It's just that my mom gave that to her when she was a baby and she can't sleep without it. And it's especially bad now because she's sick and-"

"Okay Des why didn't you just say that? I'm on my way. Do you need me to pick up anything else?"

"Nothing is gonna be open it's late."

"Just tell me what you need."

"Ok um some water, baby Tylenol and some applesauce if you don't mind."

"Done and done. I'll see you soon."

"Thank you Nick."

"No problem Mamas." Nick shook his head. After Des hung up he quickly put on some sweats and a hoodie and left out the door.

-
Meri had been crying nonstop since Wes had dropped them off back at home. The night before Des knew something was wrong with Meri because she wasn't talking or running around very much. Wes thought it was because she was in a big foreign space, but he mostly just wrote it off so that Des wouldn't want to go home, even though Meri was clearly sick.

Des took Meri to the doctor as soon as she had her insurance stuff from home. The doctors told Des that she had a fever, but it wasn't very high. Just to be safe the doctors conducted a small allergy test just to see if anything caused her to get a fever and turns out Meri is allergic to dog fur.

Meri was currently crying, while Des was trying to get her to take her antibiotics. She was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Hey Nick." Des said allowing the boy in. Even in the little light, Nick could see that Des was tired.

"Hey." Nick said sounding worried. "My baby girl isn't feeling well?" Nick frowned and took Meri from Des.

"No. She's got a 100 degree fever. She's allergic to Wesley's dogs." This made Nick mad. The fact that Wesley was part to blame for the reason his baby was suffering.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. I'm surprised I just found this out now. Especially since she spends so much time around Simba."

"Oh, he's hypoallergenic." (I don't know if he really is, but let's just go with that for plot convenience 👍🏾)

Des nodded. "Well that explains it."

"But I know what will make my baby feel better." Nick pulled Meri's blanket and wrapped her in it. Almost instantaneously Meri started to calm down.

"Nick you're a miracle." Desiree let out a relieved sigh.

Nick just smiled down at Meri. "Hey what can I say." Nick went to sit down on the couch and Des came over and gave Meri the Medicine then gave her a sippy cup with some water in it.

"Can you hold her for a second?" Nick passed Meri back to her mom and took his hoodie off to reveal a tattoo of Meri's name below his right collar bone.

"Nick, when did you get that?"

"Oh, my tattoo. Yeah I got it a week ago when you were out with Wes."

"That's really beautiful. I can't believe you got that."

"It just felt right. I wanted to get a new tattoo anyway and what better thing to get then my baby girl's name."

"That's so sweet. I love it."

"I'm glad."

Meri soft cries started to fill the room again. Nick took her back from her mom and cuddled her into the crook of his neck. He started singing to her just as he did before, but this time he had some more lullabies in his repertoire. Soon Meri started to calm down and drift peacefully to sleep.

Desiree smiled in awe. "Nick how did you know to-"

"I had to do it one of the first time she stayed with me."

"You're so great. Thank you." Desiree yawned and placed her head on Nick's shoulder and listened to him continue to sing to their daughter. His lullabies even worked on Des. And before long she was off to dreamland.

Lo's Hoes
Y'all! They cute asf I love them. But they not finna get together yet SORRY 😉 but don't worry. Soon. Vote and comment ya know the drill <3