𝔼𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

Desiree was running late. Well that's one thing that hasn't changed with the move. Desiree was not a morning person and neither was her daughter so getting out of the house in the morning was usually a bit of a struggle.

Desiree had her blazer slung over her arm, her heels in her hands, and Meridee in her car seat. She exited her apartment and made her way down the stairs out to the front where her Uber was waiting for her.

"Desiree?" The Uber driver asked.

"Yes. Yes." Desiree said frantically as she climbed into the backseat and strapped Meridee into the seat next to her. "Sorry to keep you waiting."

"It's fine. It wasn't too long. First day of work?" The man asked as he pulled out of Desiree's complex.

"Hopefully if this interview goes well. I could potentially start today."

"Well good luck Miss."

"Thank you."

-

When Desiree got to the complex she quickly got out and rated Samuel five stars (it was the right thing to do after he ran a red light trying to get her to the interview on time). Des checked in at the front desk and was able to check Meri into the on-sight daycare (which was one of the reasons she chose this particular office to interview at).

"Bye Baby, be good." Desiree kissed Meridee's forehead and raced upstairs for her interview.

-

"Thanks so much for interviewing with us Ms. Coleman, you have a very extensive resume and I think you'll be a great fit on our team, the only thing is we don't need any more editors, but we do need more producers. Would you be interested? You're clearly qualified." Desiree's new boss Ms. Madden offered.

"Seriously? This is such an honor, of course. This is kind of my dream." Desiree said feeling a bit ready eyed.

"Well I'm glad I could make your dream come true, you deserve it." Desiree and Madden stand.

"Thank you so much. C-can we hug?" Desiree asks nervously.

"Sure." Ms. Madden chuckles and the two share a quick but sweet hug. When they pull away Desiree sighs.

"Well, when can you start? Is tomorrow fine."

"Y-yes. Of course."

"Great be here at 8 am. We're going to let you shadow a retiring professional for a few days, then you can take on his project where he's leaving it off. And don't worry it's a new project so you can make it however you want. I have faith in you Ms. Coleman."

"Thank you so much. You won't be disappointed."

"I know. Enjoy the rest of your day Ms. Coleman."

"You too." Desiree walked down the hallway to the elevators and back to the daycare to get Meri.

"Hi I'm signing out Meridee." Desiree says to the teacher and Meri comes back in her car seat.

"Hey Baby, did you have fun today? You wanna go see Daddy? Yeah?!" Meridee smiles then Desiree directed her attention toward the daycare teacher Ms. Sunshine. "Was she alright?"

"Yes she was perfect. She ate her snack and played nicely with all the children." Ms. Sunshine smiled.

"That's great. Thank you, we'll be back tomorrow."

"No problem, bye Meridee." Ms. Sunshine waves to the toddler inside the car seat and then went back to look after the other kids.

Desiree ordered a car and had it take them to Nick's place.