14(TBP) - Max Verstappen (P3)

'LIFE IS GETTING HARDER DAY BY DAY, AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO OR WHAT TO SAY'

As CJ watched from the stands, she was on the edge of her seat the whole race. Max weaved in and out, overtaking at any opportunity he could before settling in second. He pitted dropping him back to fifth but managed to make it back to second. "Second is still good," Victoria said as she looked up from her phone. 

On the last corner, Max decided to go for it, overtaking the leader and putting himself into first place just in time to go over the finish line. Sophie was on her feet as she celebrated. CJ's mouth tugged into a smile as she looked over at the big screen, then at Sophie who was overjoyed. Victoria stood up and looked over the crowd hoping to see something on the big screen after all she had missed Max's big moment to her mobile telephone. 

CJ had not missed a thing though, she had watched from the moment the cars were on the track. Due to his father, she had missed out on the opportunity to give Max her love and luck for the race but it seemed he didn't need it. The three women headed down to the podium, getting in the mix of people who were in the crowd. 

Victoria and CJ held hands, a tactic so they didn't get separated from each other. CJ watched in awe as Max came out taking his place on the top of the podium, her eyes just staring at him as Victoria eyed her suspiciously before turning her own attention to her brother. 

XOXOX

After the celebrations at the track had calmed down, Max snuck off for a moment for some peace. CJ noticed, following him only to find him outside getting some air. "Hey," she said softly as she leaned against the door frame and smiled up at him. 

"Hey," he returned as he looked in her direction. "What are you doing out here?" 

She slyly moved her hands towards his after making sure no one was about. "I just wanted to see you," CJ blushed a little. "I didn't get to see you earlier," she felt his fingers hold hers tightly before the door creaked behind her and Max dropped her hand. 

"What are you two doing out here?" The voice belonged to Sophie who stepped out looking between the two young people. "The party is inside."

CJ nodded before leaving first, her eyes not glancing at Max again before returning to Victoria's side who was busy ogling Max's teammate. 

Back at the hotel, CJ laid on her bed listening to the loud talking in the main hotel room before she heard silence as doors closed. Sitting up, she took a deep breath before she glanced at her reflection in the mirror before smoothing down her hair then crossing the room to the door. She was nervous as she pulled the door open when she looked over at Max's room, she noticed he had his door open too and he was looking at her. It wasn't planned but it just seemed to be happening. 

Smiling at him, he beckoned her over with his fingers. She quietly closed her door before tiptoeing across the room towards him, "Hi," she whispered to him before he pulled on her hand and pulled her into his room closing the door behind her noiselessly. "So, did you want to celebrate together?"

He kissed her lips as he pulled her close to his body, his lips leaving hers briefly to speak. "Only if you are one hundred percent," he was ever the gentleman to the young woman who had become a constant in his life. 

CJ nodded before restarting the kiss again. 

That night the slept together, the two young people not regretting a single moment of their time together. Everything was about to change for them, CJ returned back home and Max continued to race around the world. She returned to study, Victoria joining her. It had been ages since CJ had seen Max, she kept in touch via facebook and texts, the two young people talking about their love on every phone call.