08

It was Monday morning and I was looking for an outfit for therapy.

I finally settled on basic ripped mom jeans and a lime green cropped top. I wore my white AirForce 1s and decided to put my hair into a low ponytail. I wasn't trying with my outfit because all I was doing today was therapy.

My phone's chime went off and I looked at the new text message.

10:11 AM
micah / let's gooooo

I rolled my eyes and forgot that he said he wanted to take me today. I grabbed my mini backpack and put it on. I gave one final look into the mirror and sighed.

Before exiting my room, I looked at the picture on my nightstand of my dad and I.

"I love you dad." I whispered then left.

My mom was already at her Monday morning shift. I grabbed a PopTart and keys then walked out of the front door.

When I looked outside, I saw his car. And it was...wow.

It was a beautiful white Mercedes-Benz, and the new model to add to that. His windows were tinted to a point where I could barely see him.

But then that's when it hit me.

The memories of the last time I was in a car.

The way that the other car came out of nowhere, speeding to my dad's side of the car. I was in the driver's seat and with a quick glimpse, the bright white light hit us. The car was pushed and eventually flipped over.

I passed out.

I thought I was dead, until my eyes opened and there I was; hanging upside down.

It hurt to move. Every small move I made sent a jolting pain to my neck and back. I called out for my dad but there was no response.

The sound of an ambulance and firetrucks made their way to us.

By now I was crying out for my father, and that's when I took all of the energy I had to turn my head over to him.

Blood poured from his head, and that's when I broke down.

The first responders called out for anyone and I tried with the little amount of breath I had to yell out 'help us'.

After a while, I was taken out of the car and put onto a gurney. That was the last thing I remember until I woke up in the hospital.

When I woke up, that's when I received the worst news of my life.

My mother was crying in the hallway outside of my room.

The doctors said that it was a miracle that I was alive, and nonetheless, barely hurt. I had only a few scratches to my face, a concussion, and a fractured ankle and hand.

My father; however, died.

"Lena!"

I snapped out of the painful memories and saw Micah standing in front of me.

"Huh?" I asked him, confused as to what happened.

"You've been standing here for a good five minutes. Are you okay?" He asked me and we both sat down on my porch steps.

"I guess the car triggered the night of the crash." I put my hand onto my forehead and rubbed my temples.

"Crash?" He questioned.

I never told him how my father died, only that he did.

I looked up into his eyes and it seemed as if he put the pieces together.