26

It was finally the day of the spring show.

I was so nervous all day, but also had a weird feeling in my stomach.

"Yo we got a 98 on the project!" Vince ran over to meet Xiomara, Onya, and I.

"You're fucking lying." Xiomara grabbed the paper from him.

"Mrs. Malick never gives hundreds, so this is the next best thing." Onya looked at the paper in Xiomara's hands.

"This must be a good sign for tonight." I smirked.

"You're going to be awesome tonight. I'm going to record the whole thing." Vince's shoulder nudged me slightly.

"Best believe that we're going to be front row." Xiomara smirked.

I smiled from all of their support.

The bell rang, signaling the end of the day.

"I have to stay here until show time." I groaned.

"We'll see you at seven for show time baby!" Vince shouted as he walked away.

"Break a leg." Xiomara hugged me then walked with the rest of them.

"Hey baby." Killian came up from behind me and hugged me.

I turned around in his arms and kissed his lips.

"Are you ready for later?" He asked and I nodded,

"Very nervous." I chuckled.

"You got this. Do you want any food? I'll bring it back so you could get some food into your system."

"Uh, yes. The chicken tenders with waffle fries from the diner." I used the pout lip and he chuckled.

"Anything for you. I'll be back in a few." He kissed my forehead then started to walk away.

"Thank you! I love you!" I shouted to him as he walked.

"I love you too!" He blew me a kiss and a blush appeared on my face.

- -

After eating the food that Killian brought back for me, we went over our dance routine.

It was now 6:30, meaning time to get ready. I put on the outfit that all of the girls wore; cargo black pants, black cropped top, and black shoes. The boys wore black cargo pants as well but a longer black shirt. I left my hair down so my curls could jump with the dance.

There were two groups of dancers, I handled the hip hop dancing, and Destiny handled the contemporary dancing. It was supposed to be a 'battle', so the contemporary dancers were first and then the hip hop. Then at the end we combine the two. The two hip hop songs I chose were '16 Shots' by Stefflon Don and Future's part of 'Life is Good'.

We had blue glitter on our faces as well, which would shimmer when the light hit us.

We were the third act, so we had time.

When we were called, I felt alive on the stage. I loved dance, and seeing the auditorium packed made me want to put on a show. Everyone was putting their all in the dance, and it could be shown. The crowd was going crazy, and I could hear my friends shouting my name.

My body felt at one with the music. The dancers' transition from hip hop to contemporary made the crowd go even more crazy. When our eight minutes were up, everyone stood up and clapped and cheered for us. I couldn't help but to smile from ear to ear.

Everything was setting into place.

There was no reason to have a weird feeling about today.

Everything was perfect.