19

As quickly as the first day came, quickly it left.

The first week was filled with boring syllabuses and learning the rules of the classroom. Yazzy and Micah don't sit with us at lunch anymore, thank God. I've learned to ignore the two of them, until it comes to Yazzy purposefully trying to be a bitch.

I woke up on Friday, my birthday.

Music was blasting from downstairs and I looked at my phone.

"It's six in the morning." I groaned.

I got out of bed and walked downstairs. There I saw my mom and Everly standing in the kitchen acting all hush hush. Everly turned around and shouted.

"Happy birthday!" The two of them said in unison.

I chuckled and put my hands up to my face.

"I told you that I didn't want anything big."

"Well, I don't care. My baby is seventeen and I want her to live her ultimate dancing queen year." My mom said and walked up to me. She embraced me into a hug and I hugged her back.

"Thanks mom."

"Now go get ready. I'm making you a special birthday breakfast." She smiled and pushed me along.

I showered and fixed up my hair's curls. I decided on a black skirt, grey long sleeve sweatshirt, and white sneakers. It was cute and casual, enough for school. I put on my favorite heart shaped earrings and my butterfly charm bracelet. I grabbed my backpack and phone, then went downstairs.

I sat at the table and mom put confetti pancakes with bacon in front of me. There was a candle in the pancake and I smiled. The two of them started to sing 'Happy Birthday' to me and I was about to tear up.

To think that if I had died in that car with dad that night, like I've wished would've happened, I wouldn't be sitting here now. A tear escaped my eye and I quickly wiped it away.

When they finished singing, I made a wish and blew out the candle.

"Happy birthday, baby." My mom grabbed my face and kissed my forehead. "Now eat up. It's already 7:58."

Everly and I ate our breakfast and when we were done eating, it was 8:10. Mom already left to go to the elementary school.

"Come on." I told her and we both stood up.

"Wait." She stopped me and she grabbed something from the kitchen counter.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I got this for you to wear today." She handed me a birthday girl pin and a tiara.

I laughed and put it on, "Thank you."

"Any time." She smiled and we walked outside.

"Oh, and one more surprise." She said as I was locking the door. I turned around and saw a car in front of the house, and it was blasting music . The windows rolled down and I saw Vince in the passenger seat and Killian driving.

"Guys." I dragged and a smile crept onto my face.

"Can't let the birthday girl drive her own car now, can we?" Killian popped up through the sunroof.

The way he said it made me feel something in me. He looked really good today.

Everly and I walked to the car and got into the backseat.

"Happy birthday, bitch." Vince turned in his seat and said to me with a smile on his face.

"Oh shit this my shit!" Killian proclaimed and turned up the volume. The song 'Hypnotize' by The Notorious B.I.G played through the speakers and we all started to become hype. We all started to sing along, and it brought back an old memory of mine.