18

Senior year.

The year that I'm supposed to 'live it up'.

My mother always told me that how you present yourself on your first day of school shows who you're going to be for the rest of the year.

For the first day, I decided to wear baggy jeans with a cropped short sleeved top. I learned to love this style that was popular in LA. I put my hair into a medium ponytail, added the butterfly charm bracelet my sister gave me, and stud earrings. I grabbed my black backpack and put it on.

I knocked on Everly's door, and when she came out she was wearing jeans with a baggy t-shirt. My mom made us waffles for breakfast and they were delicious.

I looked at the time and saw that it was 8:10 AM. I kissed my mom goodbye and walked to the garage door.

"Have a great first day, girls!" She shouted.

We both got into the car and I drove us to school. The school was ten minutes away, but I got us there in five.

When we both got out of the car everyone was surprised to see us. Me mostly because I was absent for the last month of school.

"I'll see you later." I told her then started to walk ahead of her. I started to put my AirPods in, and the first song that came up was 'Chocolate' by The 1975.

"Wait are you not going to hang out with us?" She shouted but I ignored her.

I need time away from them all.

Even if they didn't know something was going on and if he told everyone that we 'just made out once', no one thought to tell me. Everly was nice enough to tell me that they did hook up, but not that they were dating. I only told Vince and Everly that I liked him, and for me to find out yesterday shows a lot.

I walked throughout the halls and made my way to my locker. I opened it and put the notebooks that were in my bag into it. I looked at my phone to check my schedule. My first class was to be English with Mrs. Malick. She was a really chill teacher; I had her last year.

I took the folders I needed and closed my locker. I turned around and there stood Vince.

"What do you want?" I asked and walked away.

"Lee you can't block me out."

I turned to face him, "Why didn't you at least text or call me and tell me? You knew I liked him and that it was more than just one make out."

"I didn't want to ruin your trip. I was going to tell you when I saw you. I'm sorry." He sounded sincere.

I sighed and looked up to him. Vince could never hurt me intentionally, and I did know him as a person. He never lies to me.

I sighed and looked up to his eyes, "It's okay."

"You forgive me?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Yeah because I know you."

He embraced me into a hug and I hugged him back. We broke the hug and started to walk to our first class.

"So are you going to tell me how your face got fucked up?" I questioned him.

"I got into a fight with some guys, nothing big." He brushed me off.

"Dealers?"

"Yup." He popped the p.

"Just, please be careful."

"I will. Stop worrying." He chuckled and softly pushed me.

Before the bell rang, we made it to Mrs. Malick's class just on time.