epilogue.

"It's been eight years since you left. I'm 25 now. New York is fun. I've met some really cool people at my job. I work at a magazine company and Killian is in medical school. He has one more year and then he's on to residency. We have a new apartment, a bigger one to make it. We also adopted a Golden Retriever named Santa. My mom lives in LA with Alexa. She has a new boyfriend now, which is good I guess. Alexa moved out of her apartment and now lives in the Hills. Her brand and modeling career has taken off and now she travels around the world. Onya and Everly broke up two years after you left. They couldn't handle the distance. Onya actually followed her dream, and now she's a big time photographer for celebrities and their different events around the world. Everly lives in Virginia now and is trying to get into Congress to make a change for the world. Xiomara got into FIT, and now she lives in Italy for fashion design. She has her brand out over there and she's making a lot of money. Kyle did go pro. He plays for the Dallas Cowboys and wears your number in your honor. Him and Faith also didn't last. Oliver is training to become a therapist for kids who go through abuse. Yazzy still lives in Quinnsland and has a kid already. Her and Matthew are a couple and the kid is his. Micah is still in that place, too... I miss you so much." I sat on the grass of Vince's tombstone.

I come here twice a year to talk to him and my dad. I already finished talking with my dad, so now it was his turn.

"I'm doing better now. I've been going to therapy and it's helping. I stopped crying and having nightmares every night only three years ago, but a day doesn't go by when I don't think of you." I smiled to his tombstone.

"Ready?" Killian walked up to me and I nodded.

"I'll see you in a few months, Vince. I love you." I stood up and took a hold of Killian's hand.

Killian spoke to him before I did, and he waited by the car as I talked to him.

"Do you still want to go to LA next week? We don't have to, babe." Killian asked as we both sat in his car.

"Yeah, we're going. I'm good. I haven't seen my mom and sister in months."

"Okay." He nodded.

We spent a weekend here with Killian's mom and little sister. We were stopping by the cemetery before we headed back to New York.

It was a long drive, and I fell asleep in the passenger seat.

After a few hours, we made it home. We picked up Santa from the dog sitter, than entered our apartment. I checked the mailbox before entering, and as always around this date, was a letter from him.

I walked in and locked the door.

I sighed and opened it.

Ever since he found out where I lived, he's been sending letters every year around Vince's anniversary.

Dear my beautiful Lena,

Every time I write you these letters, I never hear back. That's okay. I just want you to know that I am still so sorry about what I've done. To put me to sleep at night, I think of what could've been. What if I never met you? What if my sister never died? What if I didn't cheat on you while you were in LA? What if that was me right now, living in New York with you instead of Killian? All of these different scenarios make my head full. I loved you, yet I was so stupid to pick Yazzy instead. You were always the girl for me. You made me smile during my darkest times. Remember that day at your pool? I never felt more infatuated with someone like you in my life. You had curves in all the right places, and your skin glistened in the light. Your hair was curly and was sincerely the best. I knew at the moment that I had to have you. I knew that I was in love with you. I'm sorry for Vince, but if you were to be gone instead I wouldn't be able to live with myself. When Killian breaks your heart, just know that I'll always be here. Waiting for you. I can't forget you, and just know that I won't forget you.

Love always,
Micah

I look over to Killian and sighed. I ripped up the letter and threw it into the trash.

"He still doesn't get it, huh?" Killian asked.

I shook my head and looked at the time on my phone, 7:24PM.

"Let's order Chinese food."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THE END