14

Landing in Los Angeles made me feel like Miley Cyrus in her song 'Party in the USA'. The vibe here was way different than the one in Connecticut, and I liked it.

In the taxi cab to Alexa's apartment, I was intrigued with the many different people here. You had your normal tourists, but then you had the beautiful people walking the streets. A lot of the females were skinny and tall, and seemed to have as much confidence to last them a lifetime. Guys walked around with no shirt on in the streets and it looked like they worked out everyday.

I felt out of place, yet I liked it here.

We made it to Alexa's apartment, and it was beautiful and modern on the outside. She lived on the more lavish side of Los Angeles because her agency hooked her up with a good deal. You had to get in through the lobby man who verified with Alexa. While my mom talked to him, I admired the palm trees which surrounded the apartment.

When we made it inside past the lobby man, we had to take the elevator up four flights. We entered her apartment and we were greeted with a hug.

"Oh my gosh I missed you both like crazy!" She dropped her crutches.

"We missed you too, baby." My mom hugged her tightly.

I broke the hug and looked around the apartment. Her living room walls were mostly window and it viewed over the city. It was really beautiful. She had her different wall art canvases hanging, and a large flat screen TV.

"How do you get this much money?" I dropped my jaw in awe.

"Well, I started my own clothing brand and it really popped off in the Los Angeles area. My manager thinks it'll make it to New York by the beginning of next year." She smiled. "And, being a future full time magazine model has its perks."

"No way!" I shouted in disbelief.

"Yup. LA has really helped me build my dreams up." She smiled harder.

"Your father would be so proud of you." My mother said and a tear left her eye.

"Awe, mom don't cry." Alexa hugged her.

My mom dabbed her eyes with a tissue from her purse, "Oh don't worry about me. I'm just so happy for you and I missed you."

"Well, let me give you a tour." Alexa grabbed her crutches and hopped around.

Her apartment had three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a medium sized kitchen, and a huge living room. She even had a balcony which overlooked the city and you could see the Hollywood sign.

Mom already picked her room and started to unpack while I sat on the couch with Alexa talking.

"You're really living the life, huh?" I joked with her.

"Kind of. I also made really nice friends from college here."

"You're so lucky you got out of Quinnsland. It's really dead over there." I sighed.

"How about you apply to California schools this year? You could always stay with me." She shrugged.

I took a deep breath and thought about it for a quick second.

"I would love to but I don't want to leave mom alone. UConn isn't that bad anyways." I shrugged.

"Maybe mom could move here too. I don't like the idea of being too far away from you guys, anyways."

"Wait, you want us to live with you here?" I sat up and looked at her.

"I really wouldn't mind. Or my agency could hook you two up with your own apartment here." She raised her eyebrow.