25

I was walking to the library during my free period, when I was pulled to the side by someone.

"What the hell?" I questioned and looked to see that it was Yazzy. "What do you want?" I sighed.

"I need your help. And this is one of the only times I'm ever asking for your help."

"Didn't you hate me or something?" I raised my eyebrow, confused.

"Listen, I need you to take me somewhere after school. I know you drove your car today and I really need a ride." She begged.

"Huh? Where and for what?"

"To the clinic." She mumbled, but I could barely hear her.

"Where?" I asked her again.

"The fucking abortion clinic. I have an appointment." She whispered louder this time.

My face dropped and I looked to her stomach.

"You're pregnant?" I whispered.

"Obviously. But I don't want it."

"It's Micah's?" I looked her in the eyes.

"Yeah and he doesn't know. I want to keep it that way."

"Why won't you tell him?" I asked her.

"Because he's fucking psycho. I don't need his opinion on what I should do to my body."

"Valid point, but what do you mean he's psycho?" I was confused. I knew that he had problems and was obsessed with me, but there's more to it?

"Do you not know? About his mental illness? His mom told me when I went over one night."

"Mental illness? What?" I shook my head.

"He was diagnosed with BPD. You know, borderline personality disorder." She clarified. I wasn't familiar with his specific illness.

"I didn't know."

She sucked her teeth, "Of course you didn't." She looked out to the hallway then back to me, "So, will you drive me?"

"I mean I guess." I shrugged.

"Okay. I'll meet you in the parking lot after school." She said then walked away.

I walked into the library and turned on one of the computers. I searched up BPD and tried to learn about it.

I looked at the symptoms in males, and realized that they all connected to him.

'Quick mood changes, intense anger, jealously and possessiveness in relationships, aggressiveness towards insults and criticism.'

These were just some, but this explains why he acts the way he does.

- -

I sat in the car waiting for Yazzy. Dance was being taken over by Destiny today because I told her that I had a family emergency. Nervousness erupted throughout me while waiting for her. If Micah were to ever find out about what she is to do, I don't know what he'll do. He isn't always angry, but when he is like that night at the football game, it could get ugly.

"Alright, let's go." Yazzy opened the car door and sat down in the passenger seat.

I drove her to the clinic, and as we entered the parking lot, a lot of men and women were protesting the clinic. They held posters saying 'Murderer!' or 'You're going to Hell!', and shouted at us as we walked.

"Ignore them." I told her as we walked into the clinic.

I waited in the waiting room for her and she was brought behind the doors.