Year one: A long awaited day

September 1st, an early morning in LN household. An old couple sat on the porch in front of their house and admired the sun, which had risen not minutes ago. The woman had her silver locks in a neat bun, and placed her wand though it. She held a small porcelain cup of coffee in her still delicate hands. A smile spread across her lips, followed by many smile lines and wrinkles around her warm eyes. The man sitting next to her had equally silver hair and moustache to match. His cheeks occasionally rose with a smile as he stole glances of his wife. One of his hands reached for her own, as the other held a firm grip on a walking cane. Their peaceful moment was soon interrupted, by all the noise coming from above. Their granddaughter wasn't usually up this early, but today was a long awaited day.

A tiny house-elf appeared on the wide staircase, pulling a trunk three times his size.

'No Tibby, it's alright! I can do it myself!' a girl followed closely behind, trying to grab a hold of the trunk. Her hair was a mess, she was missing a sock and the back of her shirt was now the front.

'Miss YN shall-' the elf struggled 'shall let Ti-"'

The girl finally took a hold of the trunk and jerked it back. The house-elf gasped in shock. With a grin the girl pulled the elf up and as both of them sat onto the trunk, she pushed them down the staircase. The elf's teeth loudly chattered, but the girl held him close and put a hand on his head protecting it from any harm as they drew close to the end of the stairs. With the thud of the trunk they hit the floor and rolled into the lobby. The elf jumped up leaving the girl giggling on the floor.

'M-miss YN!- Always causing s-such-... Such ruckus!' he exclaimed raising his tiny hands to his head to check if it was still in place. YN dusted herself off and patted the elf on his head before racing to the porch.

'Morning!' she exclaimed.

Her grandmother glanced at her almost chocking on her drink as she took another look. 'M-morning..' she mumbled out.

'We would have been late.' YN said pointing back to the house, trying to explain all the noise from moments before.

'I think you have more than enough time to make yourself look decent again.' her grandfather said with a smile. YN shook her head at her grandparents before heading back upstairs to tidy herself up.

'We'll be walking!' her gran reminded her.

'To the Burrow' she thought. Her grandparents were really close with Weasleys, especially close after what happened to YN's parents, so she was told. They would usually spend Christmas together at their house, it made grandpa feel less lost. It's not like having YN around wasn't enough, but he missed the feeling of having his family close, and truth be told one could never feel alone around the Weasleys. Grandpa and Arthur used to work together at the Ministry, and ever since he resigned, Arthur has been keeping him updated. He also found much amusement in his fascination with Muggle inventions. Grandma had an interest in Herbology and often brought Molly all kinds of herbs from their garden. Arthur and Molly cared deeply for YN, and never let her feel left out.

Even though she was the same age as Ron, she mostly hung out with the twins. She never understood how no one could tell the two apart. The difference was obvious to YN since day one. She thought of Fred as the louder one, or if you will- George spoke less around people, other than her. Fred took the lead, while George was always in need of a push. George was a bit more thoughtful, a bit gentler - but certainly not in Quidditch though! Or in snowball fights! But even if they couldn't tell, people approaced Fred more often. Maybe if they could, many would find Fred funnier, but YN strongly disagreed. But one could only notice it if one spent that much time with them. YN loved spending time with them, as they never failed to include her in whatever kind of trouble they caused. Most of the time it was Fred who came up with the ideas, George who dealt with the aftermath, and YN who Molly refused to believe was involved. Even though she spent most of the time with the twins, she thoroughly enjoyed the company of the two younger siblings. She would often read to Ginny before bed, and listen to her ramble on and on about all kinds of stuff. YN wasn't that bad at wizard chess, but it bothered her that her Grandpa always let her win. So she enjoyed rainy days at the Burrow when Ron would actually make her try.