Year one: Far from home

2647 words

They weren't exactly running, but they were walking fast enough. Fast enough to bump into a muggle every now and then, fast enough for Ron to trip over his own trunk, fast enough for one of the twins to step on the back of Percy's shoe, just for him to glare at YN thinking it was her and fast enough for Ginny to accidently drop her little purse one too many times.

YN never once believed the twins when they told her she'd have to run though a literal wall in order to get to platform 9 and ¾. It made no sense! Yet again, neither did floo network at first. There was no possible way to hide the disbelief on her face once they all stopped between platforms 9 and 10. She heard a synced "We told you so" but purely focused on what Percy was doing at the moment. But with a blink of the eye he was gone! Mrs Weasley turned their way.

'Fred, you next.'

'That's actually Geor-'

'He's not Fred! I am!'

'Honestly woman, you call yourself our mother.'

'I'm sorry, George.'

'I'm only joking, I am Fred!'

YN shook her head as Fred disappeared and George followed along flashing her a smile before doing so. Out of nowhere a trunk appeared by her side and behind it a skinny fellow in oversized clothes. His hair wasa place evidently unknown to combs. Apparently he overheard them mentioning muggles and asked for... well a way to get through a wall.

'Not to worry dear, it's YN and Ron's first time too!' Mrs Weasley said as YN the boy a smile and nudged Ron to do the same. Truth be told, his was slightly off.

'- just do exactly what YN is about to do.' her Grandpa kicked in.

'Wha-' he gave her a slight push and with a heavy sight she approached the wall. Increasing the speed she closed her eyes, preparing for the worst- But she didn't even feel the wall, just a slight breeze before her trunk bumped into someone else's.

'Not so bad huh?' George offered her a smile.

Fred pulled YN along with her thrunk his way as Ron and the messy-haired boy appeared from behind. Once everyone was on teh right side of the wall they approached the train. Molly scowled the twins before letting them onto the train, slicked the front of Ron's hair and had nothing but words of praise for Percy. Meanwhile YN was saying goodbye to her grandparents. She embraced both of them as best as she could.

'Letter once a month.' Grandpa said patting her on the head.

'Once a week.' Her Grandma demanded. YN felt a tug on her leg and looked down. It was Ginny, looking up at her, her eyes slowly filling with tears.

'You're leaving too?'

'Don't worry Gin, we'll be back before you know it. A-and next year you'll be joining us at Hogwarts! We'll have lots of fun.'

The small girl nooded her head before wiping away her tears. Arthur gave YN a side hug as they waited for Molly to wipe dirt off Ron's nose, which he highly refused. YN grabbed a hold of Ron's jumper and waved back at everyone before she pulled him onto the train. They couldn't seem to find an empty compartment, until Ron noticed the boy from before, sitting all by himself. He kindly let the join him and introduced himself as Harry Potter.

YN knew she heard his name somewhere, but she only connected the dots when Ron asked about his scar. Then it clicked. She had read it in "Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century". It was one of the 'fresh' pieces in her Grandpa's library. He had quite a collection. She enjoyed reading way more than helping Grandma with her herbs. It gave her the opportunity to picture everything in her own way. The only problem being that once she started she could hardly get her nose out of the book, so a good book would barely last her a day.