Year one: Home

Despite her vivid imagination, YN couldn't even fathom the creature before her. For a moment, she was certain she had walked straight into a nightmare. A monstrous three headed dog snored right in front of her eyes. It's enormous body filled the space from the floor all the way to the ceiling. The door behind them had shut, and as it creaked grumbling growls met their ears. But Yn didn't take her eyes off the beast, not even for a mere second. All three of its noses twitched, sniffing madly in their direction, even though it couldn't see them. The golden harp by its feet must have put the creature to sleep. YN only took notice of her frozen body when Ron's hand saized her shoulder.

'Snape must have left it there.' Harry whispered pointing at the instrument.

'Oh. enough with Snape!' YN muttered out, never prying her eyes of the dog. Ever since the trio found out about Fluffy Harry had this crazy idea that the person behind all this was in fact, Snape - their Potions teacher. YN found the whole thing plainly silly. Even Hagrid had told them otherwise! But no matter what Snape did, Harry had to find a way of connecting it to the Forbidden corridor, to the Stone itself. The said boy put a wooden flute to his lips and blew. From the first note the beast's eyelids began to drop. It's growls slowly ceased, it dropped to its knees, then slumped to the ground, fast asleep.

Once they felt safe enough, they reached for the trapdoor which revealed nothing but pitch black darkness. Harry was the first one to drop down, but not before handing the flute to Hermione.

'It's OK!' his voice echoed through the dark 'It's a soft landing, you can jump!'

Ron followed straight away, pulling YN with him. They did in fact, land on something soft. The music stopped, followed by a loud bark and Hermione joined them with a thud. However, seconds later they found themselves regretting jumping to conclusion (literally). The plant they landed on started twisting around their feet. Hermione was the only one who managed to flee before the plant could get a firm grip on her. In the back of her mind YN had a good idea of what was going on. She tried her hardest not to move and advised the boys to do the same- which was of course, pointless. The more they struggled, the tighter and stronger the grip became.

'Ron, Harry, listen-' she hissed

'Stop moving, I know what this is- it's Devil's snare!' Hermione yelled watching their struggles in horror.

'Oh, I'm so glad we know what it's called, that's great help!' Ron sneered, trying to stop the plant from curling around his neck.

'Hermione, listen-'

'Shut up I'm trying to remember-' Hermione snapped back

'Hurry up I can't breathe' Harry gasped

'Devil's snare...'

'Mione!' YN screamed finally gaining her attention 'Light!'

'Yes, of course! But there's no wood!0 Hermione cried, wringing her hands.

'HAVE YOU GONE MAD? ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT?' Ron finally lost it.

A flash of light and in the matter of seconds the plant loosened its grip, cringing away from the light. They were able to pull free.

'Lucky YN is a Hufflepuff. "There's no wood", honestly.' Frustrated Ron attempted to dust his robes off. YN laughed at his remark.

Only way on was a stone passageway which sloped downwards. Soft sounds of rustling and clinking seemed to be coming from up ahead. They reached the end of the passageway and entered a brilliantly lit chamber, filled with small bright birds, fluttering and tumbling around. On the opposite side stood a heavy wooden door, which was, despite their luck, locked.