Year two: Fear.

The news that Colin Creevey had been attacked and was now lying as though dead in the hospital wing had spread through the entire school by Monday morning. The air was suddenly thick with rumour and suspicion. The first-years were now moving around the castle in tight-knit groups, as though scared they would be attacked if they ventured forth alone.

Ginny, who sat next to Colin in Charms, was distraught, but YN felt that Fred and George were going the wrong way about cheering her up. They were taking it in turns to cover themselves with fur or boils and jump out at her from behind statues. They only stopped when Percy, apoplectic with rage, told them he was going to write to Mrs Weasley and tell her Ginny was having nightmares. For the first time YN actually sided with Percy.

Meanwhile, hidden from the teachers, a roaring trade in talismans, amulets and other protective devices was sweeping the school. Neville bough a large, evil-smelling green onion, a pointed purple crystal and a rotting newt-tail before the other Gryffindor boys pointed out that he was in no danger; he was a pure-blood, and therefore unlikely to be attacked.

'They went for Filch first.' Neville said, his round face fearful 'and everyone knows I'm almost a Squib!'

---------------------------

That evening YN found herself buried in an armchair, holding her knees close to her chest. Her hands kept shaking, it was almost as though she could feel someone's firm grip upon her stomach. Her eyes were constantly filling up with tears, so she kept them focused on the crackling fire before her. Hannah sat by her feet, occasionally reading out a line or two, even though she knew YN's mind was elsewhere. Wayde was practically begging Susan to have a peak at her Potion's essay. That reminded YN that she hadn't even started hers. Not the Potion's one, nor the Charm's one, nor the homework for either Professor Binns, nor Professor McGonagall.

'That's exactly why I've dreaded crossing paths with him. And that Colin fellow, he was following him around everywhere... Potter probably got tired of it and-' YN grasped the bottom of her robes hearing Justin's words.

'C'mon Justin, that's enough...' Ernie's voice faded out.

'Well while we're being honest here, Potter has no parents, so he's no Heir.' said Zachary, a fellow Hufflepuff who never really hung around. Even Ernie avoided the guy, and Ernie is the kind of person who tries to find bits of good in everyone.

'Well maybe that's the point! Maybe You-Know-Who killed his parents because he was a thr-'

'Would you listen to yourselves?' YN practically screamed. The common room went very still. People kept swivelling around and YN felt all of their eyes on her. But she didn't care. She stood up with her fist clenched and glanced in between the two boys.

'What's the bloody matter with you?' She spat out.

Justin slightly opened his mouth, only to close it straight up. The glare YN was giving him was a pure act of violence. Her eyes started stinging. She marched across the common room, almost tripping over twice, but held her head as high up as possible. She couldn't allow herself to cry in front of people. She simply couldn't. Slamming the dorm door, she threw herself on her bed and buried her face into the pillow. She couldn't hold it in any longer. Tears streamed down her face, as she gripped the bedding. She heard the dorm door close and felt her bed sink. A felt someone's fingers gently stroke her back.

'Hey...' she turned around, red-eyed, her hair sticking to her tear-stained cheeks and looked back at her best friend. Hannah gave her a sad smile.

'It's okay if you-'

'Hannah... It's all my fault... I – I – told – him' she said in between sobs 'I told him that I-I'd wait for him here. I – I was the one, the one who... If – if I only brough the camera to him...' she broke down again