Year one: Mischief

In the following weeks YN found it hard avoiding both Draco and Justin. Library was off limits because of the Slytherin boy, and as of lately so was the Black Lake. Unless of course, he failed to notice her hiding up in the tree. At which, mind you, Pansy Parkinson never failed. Pansy was a pug-faced Slytherin girl, always running after Draco and often sending YN the nastiest of glares. Yesterday for example, when YN crossed paths with Draco's little gang in between classes. Draco glanced at the tiny scrape upon her knee, giving her a smirk. To which she only responded by picking up her speed. She could definitely feel pug-face's glare throughout the whole corridor until she turned a corner. Avoiding Justin was even harder. He was in each of her classes, he sat a few seats away during each meal, they shared a common room as well as a friend group. YN was really glad they didn't share a dorm. She couldn't ask the group to pick sides, she herself saw no point in it. At first, she tried arriving at meals later than everyone else, but Justin didn't even think twice about complaining about that too. She never joined them in the library, nor during muggle game nights. Ernie often challenged her in Wizarding chess, YN never once said yes. She preferred playing against Ron, who never failed to teach her a new trick or two. No matter what Hermione said, Ron really was clever. Chess was simply something in which he stood out most. Hannah noticed YN distancing herself from the group, but didn't blame her as she herself knew exactly how annoying Justin could be. She tried her best to accompany her wherever she went, even if company wasn't what YN needed in the exact moment.

However, YN seemed to find the most comfort hanging with the twins. They weren't as intimidated by the approaching exams as everyone else. YN still though saving their pranks for after the exams would've be for the best. The three of them often played tag around the castle (well, most of the time it was them using secret passageways to escape Percy). It was almost as it was back at home. The only difference being that Molly always thought the twins were to blame, while at Hogwarts all three of them were bound to get in trouble. Hogwarts became somewhat of a home to her and the twins weren't nearly as bad of an influence as everyone else thought. They made sure exams gave YN no trouble whatsoever.

The exams on their own weren't nearly as bad as her fellow Hufflepuffs made them seem. For Yn, only problem seemed to be the unbearable heat. The twins had already warned her about the special quills with Anti-Cheating spell, and despite Yn's warnings, Hannah hissed in frustration when she wasn't able to copy the uses of dragon blood form her paper. The written exams were followed by practical ones. Making a pineapple tap-dance across a desk was nothing compared to the Forgetfulness Potions Snape made them brew. To which YN, most ironically, forgot the ingredients. Even Susan managed to pass the Transfiguration exam, not without tears of course, as she lost points due to the fact her box still had whiskers. The very last exam was History of Magic. Which was far easier to answer with her grandfather's stories in the back of her mind. When the ghost of Professor Binns told them to put down their quills and roll up their parchment, YN couldn't help cheering with the rest.

'Self-stirring cauldrons? A whole year of him droning on and on about Goblin revolutions and not a single question about it! Giant wars? Emeric the Evil? Uric the Oddball, anyone?' Justin complained louder than ever as they made their way out of the castle.

'Didn't you turn the paper?' Ernie asked causing an even bigger ruckus.

'Where do you think you're going?' Hannah calledafter Yn who hurried in front of the group.

'The Black Lake, George and Fred are waiting for me.'

'You won't be joining us?' said Ernie, with a hint of disappointmen in his voice.

'Nope!'

YN bounced her way off to the Black Lake. Twins sat near the edge of the water, tickling the tentacles of a giant squid, along with their best friend Lee Jordan. Calling out to her they enthusiastically waved her way, with their sleeves rolled up. YN smiled back as she sat down in the shadow of the tree. For a while she watched the boys messing with the squid, laughing amongst each other. She closed her eyes, feeling the light summer breeze on her face. The soft sound of grass ruffling made her aware that someone was approaching. She slowly opened her eyes and focused on a well know smile. George offered his hand and YN accepted with a smile.