Year one: Changes

YN was woken up next morning being shaken by a certain blonde. Rubbing her eyes she looked up. The rest of the girls were already up and dressed.

'Want to join us for breakfast?' Hannah, girl with lovely blonde pigtails asked with a smile.

'Lovely way to wake someone up.' YN sat up. 'I'll just need a few minutes'

Getting up she had to get a double take on her reflection. What was the point of brushing her hair last night?

'And apparently some help' she sheepishly pointed to the mess on her head.

She brushed her teeth while Hannah tried in her best effort to tame the mess that was her hair. YN was certain Hannah never had any sort of trouble with her hair. It looked so neat and shiny. There had to be a spell behind it. She was kind enough to also help her with her tie. It seemed as though the only thing YN could succesfully do by herself this morning was tie her boots up. With a sight she followed Hannah out of the dorm and through a corridor which led to the Great Hall.

The Hall was packed and each table almost full by this point. It made her wonder if it was always like this. Surely there had to be a student or two who skipped breakfast. Or a least a few that were late to it. A few that would much rather sleep in. She was certain Ron was still asleep and the sight of only three ginger-heads at the Gryffindor table told her she was right. There was no sign of neither Ron nor Harry. Hermione on the other hand seemed to be having quite a discussion with Percy.

YN didn't even notice she was standing in the middle of the Hall until a fellow Hufflepuff bumped into her. She found herself in a lock with a pair of gray eyes. The boy watching her from above was obviously rather tall, 'a third year, at least' she thought. And one could certainly say the brunette was rather handsome.

'I'm really sorry.' She muttered out.

'Lost in thought?' he asked receiving a nod.

'No worries.' He smiled down at her before walking off. Turning around she noticed him sitting down with a group of older Hufflepuffs. He offered a slight smile at something one of his friends said before locking eyes with her again. YN quickly turned around and marched on, her face slowly flushing. She plopped herself between Hannah and Ernie who was chatting with Justin Finch-Fletchley. YN didn't get much of a chance to talk to him last night, but somehow she got the feeling they wouldn't get along. It was only breakfast and she could already hear him complaining. Two other first year boys, whose names she didn't quite catch sat across from her. Hannah giggled as Susan's face poked from beside her.

"You did not just bump into Cedric Diggory!" she half whispered earning a confused glare from YN.

'Cedric. Cedric Diggory. All the older girls are swooning over him!'

'And apparently so is Susan'Hannah giggled over to YN who was lost for words.

'Hey' Ernie turned her way 'You seem in a much better mood this morning.'

YN smiled at him as she reached out for Cheery Owls cereal

'Well mostly thanks to Hannah. She put so much eff- 's that our schedule?' she pointed at a paper Justin was using to furiously wave in front of Ernie's face.

'Huh? Oh, yeah.' Ernie said snatching the paper out of his hand and handing it to YN'

'Can you believe it? History of magic with-with' Justin made sure to lower his voice at this point 'Slytherins!' he said looking over his shoulder cautiously'Herbology- Herbology with Gryffindors! Tr-'

'What about Gryffindors?' asked two almost identical voices from behind.

Ernie and the girls turned around at once while Justin froze. YN on the other hand simply looked up. Must have been her first time seeing two of her favourite grins upside down. Throwing her legs over the bench she turned around.