Year three: Hands, touching hands

Morning came unexpected. Dappled sun shone through the curtains, creating mysterious shadows around the room. But YN wasn't woken by the sun, nor was she startled by the shadows. It was the continuous knocking upon her door that interrupted her peaceful slumber. And as it usually is, once she became aware of it, it became the only thing she could hear. Frustration escaped her lips in a form of a sight, as she attempted to bury her face into the pillow.

'Ginny,' she croaked 'D' you mind getting that?'

She waited for the creak of the bed, for the sound of Ginny's tiny feet scattering across the carpet. She waited, patiently, for the sound of the lock, creaking of the door and the voice of a stranger. But in return, she didn't get as mush as rustling of the sheets. Rubbing the sleep away from her eyes she gazed towards the right side of the room and was greeted by a sight of an empty bed. The knocking continued. She reached for a sock which, as a result of the constant tossing and turning, ended up on the floor, before she headed for the door.

And there, leaning against the doorframe, with his habit of hovering over her, stood none other than George. His tousled hair and puffy eyes told her he couldn't have woken that long ago. And for an uncertain reason, she couldn't help but smile.

'Morning.' Said George, smiling himself.

YN let out a slight groan as a response, shifting her weight from her feet, to the door she held onto.

''s that all I get for letting you sleep in?'

'Why am I under the impression you woke up moments ago?' she said reaching out to ruffle his already tousled hair.

George simply let her do so, his eyes following her each move, even as she came down from the tips of her toes.

'Everyone,' he said, as though suddenly coming to his senses 'Everyone's already downstairs. And since at least one of us slept in this morning-'

YN stepped back into the room as quickly as she stepped out, pulling George down the stairs.

'So,' she smiled, pushing her hair out of her face 'It's fair to say I was the first thing on your mind today.'

George lightly pushed her to the side and fastened his pace, providing YN with a clear view of his now rather scarlet ears.

-----------------------------------

They did indeed, get to King's Cross by two cars provided by the Ministry, much to the twins' delight as they got yet another chance to mess with Percy. YN on the other hand found it difficult to joke around, with the though in mind, that they were being a tad bit too careful. They were instructed to walk in pairs, and Arthur kept close to Harry's elbow all the way to the station. And with their trunks and cages safely loaded, they headed back to say their goodbyes. Molly kissed all of her children, along with YN, then Hermione and finally, Harry, who got an extra hug. YN curiously glanced back as he got pulled aside by Arthur, but she could only see as much, as she herself got pulled along by the twins. They settled into an empty compartment and were soon joined by Lee who, by the sound of it, had a fine collection of nicks-nacks he was eager to share with the lot. Not long after the compartment door slid open once again, revealing Ginny's sheepish grin. YN was certain Ginny was having a hard time coming back to Hogwarts. Not a whole lot of kids would be up to hanging out with someone who was possessed by You-Know-Who for the better part of the year. Kids had the tendency to talk and ask questions, when maybe everything one needed at the moment was to forget. Kids had a tendency to make fun of things they didn't understand. But what Ginny must have known for sure – she always had somewhere or someone to go to, as long and YN and her brothers were around.