Year two: Moving pictures

The usual crew was gathered by the common room fireplace which had been cold for a long time. YN and the boys sat upon the invitingly textured rug while Hannah and Susan shared an armchair.

'This Lockhart really is something, an awfully brave chap. Have any of you read this bit when he got cornered in a telephone box by a werewolf? Simply fantastic.' Justin said not taking his eyes off the book in his lap.

'That duffer got scared by Cornish pixies. Not to mention he left Neville hanging by the candelabra.' Said YN, running her fingers along the rug beneath.

'Longbottom?' Justin forced a laugh 'I don't even know how he got sorted into Gryffindor. He's a good for noth-' Hannah shot him a glare

'Did you hear Malfoy say that? Cause Malfoy used to say things about you too, remember?' YN said still not looking up. Justin glanced at the rest of the group with his eyebrows raised.

'You're all words, Justin.' Said Hannah pushing herself off and marching across the room. The wooden stairs that lead up to the dorms creaked with each step she took and the whole common room flinched as she slammed the dorm door.

YN was glad at least someone shared her opinion. Regarding both Justin and Lockhart. Defence Against the Dark Arts might as well became YN's least favourite subject. She solemnly regretted saying anything bad about Herbology. Lockhart was, both as a professor and a person, simply unbearable. Almost each and every one of their schoolbooks was allegedly written by him, which mind you, YN highly doubted. And he made all of his classes about himself! She didn't care about his favourite colour! Nor his 'ideal gift'! Nor his birthday, to be honest. The rest of the class didn't seem to mind. Susan practically had to be dragged out of his classroom and Justin never missed a chance to stay behind nor to ramble about it later. Even Hermione had a thing for Lockhart! Heart-eyes, for Merlin's sake! That duffer required more attention than Draco Malfoy, which YN never though possible.

Speaking of Draco, he seemed to be avoiding her. She couldn't catch his glances during meals, nor did he burn holes in the back of her head during class. He was never to be seen in the library anymore, nor was there a chance of bumping into him on the hallways. If by any chance, they crossed paths, he'd avoid not only her eyes, but the scar upon her knee too. YN didn't know why he found it so amusing, but last year he didn't miss a single chance to smirk about it. Truth be told it didn't bother her that much... at least that's what she kept telling herself.

On the other hand, the whole situation with George took a turn - in a whole other direction than she expected it to. She tried her hardest to avoid sitting at the Gryffindor table, tried her hardest to blend in with the rest of the Hufflepuffs if the twins were near... But George, being George, saw right through her. If anything, they seemed to be around each other more than ever! The twins started showing up at the Hufflepuff table for lunch, walking her to classes... Fred even offered to join in for a muggle game night, but Justin strongly opposed to it. However, neither of them dared to mention what had happened at the Gryffindor table not too long ago. And it seemed to work out for both of them.

YN joined Hannah in the dorm, not long after. She went to bed smiling to herself – yesterday during lunch George invited her to watch his Quidditch practice. YN agreed before Fred had a chance to talk her out of it, explaining how Oliver liked his practices – early and dragged-out.

----------------------------

YN woke up several hours earlier than she would have liked, considering it was a Saturday. The rest of her dorm mates were still asleep. She carefully stepped onto her bed, in an attempt of not making a single noise, and poked her head out of the tiny dorm window. Thin mist was hanging across the pink and gold sky, as the sun rose over the Forbidden Forest. She reached for the Weasley jumper she got last Christmas, double tied her boots and tip-toed across the room. She made sure to pull Susan's head ONTO the bead before running down the stairs. Everyone had sleeping 'habits'. YN tossed, Hannah mumbled and Susan... Well Susan had this thing where she simply couldn't fall asleep if her head wasn't hanging from the bed. The sight made YN flinch each and every time.