Year two: Rescuing my best friend, of course!

Summer went by like any other. She knew it by the time that light summer breeze started tearing leaves from the trees. YN spent most of her mornings sleeping in. There were no 'dorm mates' to stop her from doing so. If she by any chance woke up before 10, she would join her Grandfather on the porch, with a good book in hand. But by the end of each week, Grandma would pick the perfect day to wake her up at the brink of dawn. YN would tie her boots over her pyjama bottoms and stumble down to the garden. The twins and Ron would usually already be leaning against her fence, puffy-eyed and tousle-haired, waiting. Molly made sure they never missed a de-gnoming morning at the LN household. Tibby was there too, making sure no gnome tried getting back over the fence. YN liked to tease Tibby, as much as he liked pulling on her hair in an attempt to brush through it. They spent most of the days chasing each other around, or running away from one another, if you will.

By the time the afternoon tea was nothing more than tealeaves, YN would head for the Burrow. Yes, her grandparents enjoyed tea, even in the summer. She would spend most of her afternoons playing Quiditch with the Weasley siblings, or running up and down the house. Truth be told, with Percy locked away in his room most of the time, they had the freedom to do as they pleased. Small explosions coming from Fred and George's bedroom were nothing out of the ordinary. It was usually pitch dark by the time she remembered to go back home. Tibby the house-elf made sure to meet her half way over the hill, always having something to complain about. Those sometimes reminded her of Justin, but there was no denying that despite his complaints, Tibby was much more fun than her fellow Hufflepuff. Speaking of fellow Hufflepuffs; she regularly exchanged letters with Hannah, and wrote to Susan every week or so. Ernie seemed to be the most excited for her replies. His first letter were two completely filled pages. He barely even left enough space for his signature! The only person she didn't hear from all summer long, was Harry. But even Ron hadn't gotten a single letter back, not even after inviting him to the Burrow! As the time passed, they got more and more worried. One thing they knew for sure; Harry's muggle relatives were giving him a hard time.

The twins didn't often let her sleep though the night. Once the explosions from their room died down, Mr and Mrs Weasley thought the boys fast asleep. If only they had a clue...The twins took advantage of their parents' good nature, of their father's naiveness even more so. They'd sneak out the Ford Anglia, the car their father enchanted without Ministry's knowledge. George would be the one to help YN step out of her window into the extended seat between the two, and Fred was the one behind the wheel. And just like that, they would drive into the night; looking at the stars from above the clouds, driving through the fog. Tibby was the only one who seemed to notice the 'strange sounds and lights' in the night. YN convinced herself her grandparents had no idea about her nightly getaways. Despite the mischievous grin behind the newspaper her Grandpa gave her each morning after.

It was another night just like that. YN hadn't even fallen asleep when a the familiar blinding light burst through her bedroom window. Rubbing her eyes YN sat up and reached for an oversized sweater she had left on top of a trunk by her bed. By the time she got to her feet her window burst open and a tall figure stumbled into her room.

'See, I told you she wasn't sleep.' George grinned offering his hand. YN shook her hand before reaching out.

'What's the rush-' YN mumbled out as she was about to step over Fred and her eyes fell uponthe back seat.

'Ron!' she exclaimed accidently stepping onto Fred's upper thigh 'What are you doing here?'

'Rescuing my best friend, of course!'

'Oh,' YN finally settled in between the two and turned to face the youngest Weasley brother. 'Thank you, I guess?'

'I think he meant Harry.' George chuckled from beside her.