Chapter Six

Ireland won. However, Viktor Krum did catch the snitch for Bulgaria, so Draco and I were both right. After the game, Lucius hangs back to talk with some of the Ministry workers while I excuse myself to use the restroom.

I head down the stairs of the Top Box but before I can go to the bathroom, I gasp at the sky.

It's the symbol of the dark mark.

"Get back to the Portkey everyone and stick together!" The same ginger man from earlier says to the teenagers surrounding him. By now, the entire stadium is in a panic. Lucius and Draco are nowhere to be seen. I discreetly follow the three teenagers- the ginger boy, brown haired girl, and brown haired boy.

"It's Death eaters!" I hear a man in his thirties say to someone else.

I quickly run up to the three teenagers, knowing that I will probably die if I stay alone. The brown haired boy who smiled at me earlier is the first to notice my presence, and his two friends quickly see me also.

"I-I think there are Death eaters here," I stammer, looking at the three people in front of me. The girl has an incredulous look on her face while the ginger boy looks completely confused.

The brown haired boy in the middle opens his mouth to say something but the girl cuts him off. "Don't trust her, Harry! That was the girl with the Malfoys!" The girl exclaims, not even bothering to look at me.

"We don't have time for this!" The ginger exclaims, turning to me. "Come with us, but if you even look at us the wrong way, I'll throw you in the fire myself!"

I nod, exasperated, and follow the three of them. After a couple of minutes, we all stop, panting. I look around and notice that it's only me, Harry, and the other girl. The ginger boy is nowhere in sight.

"What happened?" She said, anxiously, stopping so abruptly that Harry almost walked into her. "Ron, where are you? Oh this is so stupid— lumos!"  She illuminated her wand and directed its narrow beam across the path. The boy, whom I assume is Ron, is laying face down sprawled across the path.

"Tripped over a tree root," He says, standing up.

"Well, with feet that size, hard not to," A familiar drawling voice said from behind us. I'm the first to turn around and I'm face to face with Draco Malfoy yet again. He was stood alone, against a tree, with his arms crossed against his chest.

"Fuck off, you twat!" Ron says angrily. His outfit is covered with dirt from where he was seconds ago.

"Language, Weasley," He says calmly whilst looking at me with his pale glimmering eyes. "I was just here to retrieve Amelia. Hadn't you better be hurrying along now? You wouldn't like her spotted, would you?" He asks, stepping closer to me but now pointing at the brown haired girl next to Harry.

"What's that supposed to mean?" The brown haired girl asked Malfoy defensively.

"Granger, they're after muggles," He said rudely. "D'you want to be showing off your knickers in midair? Because if you do, hang around... they're moving this way and it would give us all a laugh," Malfoy snickers.

"Er- what's a muggle?" I intercept shyly.

"Hermione's a witch," Harry snarled. "And you best be leaving with you girlfriend, I reckon she's a muggle also, since she clearly doesn't know what one is," He says, glaring at Malfoy.

"Actually, Potter, Amelia is an American witch and she descends from one of the purest wizarding bloodlines. But have it your own way," He says, grinning maliciously. "If you think they can't spot a Mudblood, stay where you are."

I audibly gasp, taking a step away from Draco. Mudblood was a very offensive term for a witch or wizard of no-maj parentage. At Ilvermorny, no one dared used the word. Two years ago, during my first year, a boy in my Potions class said the word and got detention for a month.

"You watch your mouth!" Ron shouts.

"Never mind, Ron," The girl, Hermione, says as she gently grabs his arm. Ron seethed with anger and almost looked ready to punch Draco. A blast sounded from the campsite and a flash of green light lit the trees surrounding us. Seconds later, a group of people screamed from meters away.

Draco chuckled softly. "Scare easily, don't they?" He said lazily. "I suppose your daddy told you all to hide? What's he up to— trying to rescue the Muggles?" He sneers.

"Where're your parents?" Harry asks with rising temper. "Out there wearing masks, are they?"

I cover my hand over my mouth in shock. Harry just implied Draco's father was a Death eater. I take a glance at the blonde haired boy next to me and I fear that he was possibly right.

"Well... if they were, I wouldn't be likely to tell you, would I, Potter?" Draco says, turning to face Harry.

"Oh, come on," Hermione groaned. "Let's just go an find the others," She says.

"Keep that big bushy head down, Granger," Malfoy says sinisterly.

"Come on," Hermione repeated, pulling Harry and Ron down the path.

"Er- it was nice meeting you all!" I awkwardly call out to them. Hermione and Ron continue walking but Harry cranes his neck around to look in our direction. He doesn't say a word, but the wind blows his hair out of his face, revealing a lightning bolt scar on the left side of his forehead.

"Draco- that was Harry Potter, wasn't it?" I say breathlessly as I follow behind him. The two of us have started walking in the opposite direction from Harry Potter, Ron and Hermione.

"Yes. He's really not that special, Amelia, you'll see for yourself once you come to Hogwarts," He tells me seriously.

I bite my lip and nod. "You shouldn't have called that girl a m- a mud-, you know what I'm trying to say."

Draco scoffs. "A mudblood? It's what she is."

I purse my lips into a thin line but don't bother arguing with him. His ego is through the roof and a girl he's met two weeks ago won't convince him to stop calling no-maj wizards that word.

"So, is a muggle a word for no-maj?" I ask him, changing the subject.

"Yes," He says flatly. He continues to walk and doesn't even bother to look my way. An explosion to my left causes to jump nearly on top of Draco. He abruptly stops, glares at me, and continues walking in the opposite direction from where we started.

"Father has some business to attend to, so we'll be returning to the Manor by ourselves," Draco says, stopping in front of a portkey. The portkey Draco stood before was disguised as a no-maj, I mean muggle, traffic cone.

"Go on, put a finger on it," Draco encourages. I put my index finger next to his and we begin the countdown.

"Three... two.... one."