Chapter Twelve

The North Tower was where my next class was- Divination. On the way up, Daphne was telling me about how Professor Trelawney was absolute rubbish at the class. I didn't mind taking the class, however, at Ilvermorny it was a simple but fascinating class. Hopefully it will be the same at Hogwarts.

Because Divination is an elective, there are Gryffindors, Slytherins, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuffs all in one class. I'm still getting used to the houses being divided- everyone at Ilvermorny was friends with everyone, regardless of house.

The North Tower stood at the top of a spiral, twisty staircase. The staircase lead to a trapdoor in the ceiling, which opened to reveal the classroom. The room was decorated with lamps, perfumes, crystals, etc. It gave a strange aura.

"Good day," The woman, Professor Trelawney I assume, says a few minutes after Daphne and I sit down. We decided to sit with the rest of the Slytherins- Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, Blaise, Daphne and I.

Professor Trelawney is a tall, thin woman with enormous glasses covering up most of her face.

"Today, my dears, we will be studying our Horoscopes. Your astrological sign corresponds to your date of birth- if you don't know your sign, call me over and I'll help you out," She says lightly.

"I'm an Aries," Daphne turns to me proudly.

I nod, opening up my Divination textbook to the Horoscopes page. "I'm a Gemini, I believe," I tell her. I've never really studied horoscopes often, but I believe June 5th is the Gemini sign.

Professor Trelawney nods at me. "Correct. You look very familiar...." She trails off. "You're Edeline's child?" She asks me, an eyebrow raised.

"Yes," I answer her.

Trelawney's expression doesn't change. "I remember her, we were classmates many years ago," She says before turning around and helping some Hufflepuff students with their horoscopes.

"Grey," Draco whispers from behind me.

I turn around with a blank expression. "Yes?"

"Do you know what sign the fifth of June is?" He asks me, his voice still in a whispery tone. I can tell he's being quiet to avoid the other Slytherins noticing us talking. He must be really embarrassed of me if that's the case.

"Screw off, Malfoy," I say, "Who told you when my birthday was anyway?" I ask.

Draco wrinkles his nose. "I was asking you about my birthday, you twat," He tells me. "It's a shame we share the same birthday, I'll never be able to look at the fifth of June the same again," He sneers.

Professor Trelawney stands up from her desk abruptly and stalks over to the two of us. "Did you two say you were both born on the fifth of June?"

I turn my head up to her. "Yes, sorry for being loud, I was just helping Draco with his astrological sign-"

She holds her hands up. "Oh no! Don't be sorry! I apologize for bothering the two of you, you may continue!" She says flustered, throwing a wink at me.

Draco rolls his eyes at her before burying his head in his own work. Daphne lightly taps my shoulder and I turn around to face her.

"Look! My horoscope says that something will go my way!" She says excitedly, oblivious of the comments that Professor Trelawney just made to Draco and I.

"Wow..." I say, trying to sound as non sarcastic as possible. Daphne doesn't realize my lack of interest.

"What is yours?" She asks.

I look down at my book. "Uh-" I stammer, hastily trying to find the reading for Gemini.

Nothing lasts forever. Focus on the future or you will find yourself lost if you dwell on the past.