Chapter Eighty Two

Draco spends our birthday in the Hospital Wing and I don't leave his side for a second. Snape was right about the dittany . . . Draco has healed miraculously with no scars. Madam Pomfrey says that he can probably be released tomorrow.

"How's he doing?" Pansy asks, strutting into the Hospital Wing. Draco's asleep right now, leaving just Pansy and I to talk to each other.

"Fine," I say dully.

"Tell him I say Happy Birthday," She tells me. "And happy birthday to you, also. It sucks that you have to spend your birthday here with him."

"I don't mind it," I say truthfully. I'd spend my birthday in the depths of hell if it meant that I could be with Draco.

"You really love him, don't you?" Pansy asks.

"More than anything."

"He loves you too. I see the way he looks at you. I was stupid to think I even had a chance," Pansy says, almost disappointedly, sitting down in the chair across from his hospital bed. "I mean, especially against you. How do you do it Amelia?"

"Er — do what?" I ask confused.

"Everyone seems to like you. I don't get it," Pansy says, looking around the room. I furrow my eyebrows — was that supposed to be a compliment?

"Amelia . . .," Draco croaks, waking up.

"I'll best be out of here. Feel better, Draco," Pansy says in an emotionless tone.

That was . . . weird.

"Was that Pansy?" Draco asks, sitting up in his hospital bed. I nod in confirmation.

Draco looks so handsome yet so awful at the same time. His skin is dull and his eyes are sunken in from the stress of having to kill Dumbledore. But he's just so attractive, he'll always be handsome.

"Happy birthday, love," Draco whispers to me, kissing me on the lips with a smile on his face.

"No PDA!" Madam Pomfrey calls, entering the room. "How are you feeling, Draco?"

"Fine," Draco says. "Can I leave now?"

"I suppose if you feel all right . . .," She says.

Draco stands up immediately and exits the Hospital Wing, with me following right after him.

"Where are you going?" I ask him as he continues to walk down the corridor and up the stairs.

"We're running out of time," He responds and I immediately know what he's talking about. Wordlessly, the two of us walk up the stairs to the seventh floor and into the Room of Requirement. We don't even bother alerting Crabbe and Goyle.

******

"We're dead . . . we might as well surrender ourselves to him now, this is never going to work," Draco moans angrily, running his hands through his platinum blonde hair.

"There has to be a way," I say determinedly.

"I've tried every reparation spell in this bloody book," Draco says angrily. "It won't work."

"What if I try it. . .?" I ask him, a sudden idea popping up in my mind.

"Why would it work for you and not me?" Draco asks, crossing his arms over his chest. "Just face it, we are totally incredibly screwed."

"Draco. . . I'm a Petrinedum, possibly. The effects don't fully come in until a Petrinedum is seventeen. And I'm seventeen today," I tell him excitedly. "What if I performed the incantation? It could work!"

Draco stands up, a hopeful look on his face. He practically shoves the book into my chest.

"Recite this one first," Draco commands. He points to a page in the large book that reads about reparation of furniture.

"Harmonia Nectere Passus!" I shout, reading the spell and pointing my wand at the cabinet. 

The Cabinet shakes slightly with beams of light emerging from it before coming to a still.

"It's fixed!" I gasp in excitement.

"Yes!" Draco screams, falling to his knees in happiness. He stands up and spins me around, planting a long and passionate kiss on my lips. "Have I ever told you how much I love you?"

I laugh. "More than enough. What a wonderful birthday present this is," I smile, kissing him again.

"Who's there?" A voice calls out.

Professor Trelawney.

Flipiendo I think, raising my wand. I hear her scream before she gets hurtled out of the room. "That was a close one," I whisper to Draco. "We best ought to get out of here."

"With Trelawney outside? Heavens no," He retorts. "Let's wait in here awhile longer, we're safer in here than we are in there. He'll be so pleased at what we've finally been able to do," He says relieved.

Draco and I wait about an hour before giddily exiting the Room of Requirement and heading back to the Common Room. The two of us enter the deserted boy's dormitory and collapse into a fit of smiles.

"The weight that's been taken off my shoulders is unreal!" I exclaim, spinning around like a child.

"Don't get too excited, we still have to kill Dumbledore," Draco says solemnly. "I wish we wouldn't have to do it. I'm scared, Amelia. Dumbledore is the only wizard who's power is equal to the Dark Lord's — unless. . . "

His silver eyes trail to me hopefully.

"Unless what . . .?" I ask.

"You," He says. "You're a Petrinedum. What does the prophecy say about us again?"

"Our power is heightened when together and that we can defeat the greatest wizard of our time . . . oh Merlin, Draco! Do you know what that means?" I ask nervously, suddenly standing up from the bed in fear.

"What?" He asks, not getting it.

"The prophecy isn't talking about us defeating Voldemort! It's about us defeating Dumbledore!" I say panickedly. "It's him who we have to defeat!"

Draco's face pales. "But Dumbledore . . . we can't. Amelia, that prophecy was my only hope. We're going to be stuck under the Dark Lord's reign for as long as we live," He says worriedly, shoving his hands in his face and letting out a strained sob.

"We will get through this together. I promise you, Draco Malfoy, we will kill Voldemort. I'm not giving up without a fight and neither are you," I say, my voice not sounding as confident as I had intended.

But I mean it.

—-

Almost at the end of HBP, meaning that we only have a little more to go :(

I have some MAJOR twists planned that you will not be expecting :)