Chapter Sixty Five

The next morning, I woke up in Draco's bed. The events of yesterday poured in my head and I groan in confusion. What did this mean? Are we, like, dating? Or was it a one night stand?

Oh my Merlin, I hope I didn't just lose my virginity to a one night stand.

I notice Draco isn't next to me in the bed, but standing shakily in front of his dresser. He looks pale than usual and his entire body is trembling.

"Draco . . .?" I ask cautiously.

"You're awake," He says softly. "I have to go downstairs in about fifteen minutes. Whatever you do, do not follow me. Even if you hear something."

"What? Are you all right?" I ask, standing out of bed and walking over to him. My hair is knotted and my eyes are puffy from just waking up, but I'm worried about Draco. He's always so confident and self assured, this is so out of character for him.

"Don't worry about it, Amelia," He says harshly.

"What do you know?" I insist. "Tell me right now or so help me —," I start, taking my wand out.

"I think I have to become a Death Eater today," Draco blurts in an ashamed tone, ripping his head away from me so he can't look at me.

No. No this can't be happening.

"Draco, no — you don't have to if you don't want to. We can leave and go to the Burrow, I'm sure —"

"You don't understand!" Draco responds angrily. "You can't do anything. I have to do this. I don't have a choice," He snaps. "All I need for you to do is to stay up here so that he doesn't hurt you too."

"I can't just watch you sell your soul to Voldemort!" I scream. "What about your mother? Did she tell you anything?"

"She just told me this morning. And stop using his name, he'll be here any second," Draco snaps.

I don't say anything after that. Instead, I pull him into a hug. My hatred for Voldemort and all his Death Eaters only increases — how can they do this to Draco?

Draco stands still against my hug for a few moments, before awkwardly wrapping his arms around me also. If it were any other day, I'd laugh at how he can easily have sex with me but struggle to hug me.

"Let me do it," I whisper. "I'm sure he only needs one Death Eater from Hogwarts, I can be it instead of you."

"Have you gone mad?" Draco asks frantically, pulling himself away from me. "Absolutely not!"

"Draco!" Narcissa calls from downstairs.

"I'm coming with you," I say instantly.

"Amelia, don't —"

By the time he cuts himself off I've already walked out of the room. "Shall we go, Draco?"

"This isn't some childish game you can play with me, Amelia. Get back inside right now or I'll force you in there myself," He snaps.

I pretend to start to go back inside before I quickly turn around and attempt to sprint past him. Draco seems to know exactly what I'm doing and catches me.

"Go. Now," He says, not a hint of humor in his voice.

This time, I do turn back and go into his room. "If I hear anything go wrong, I'm going downstairs."

The door closes behind me and I hear the click of a lock. Less than five minutes later, I hear a scream. But it isn't from Draco — it's Narcissa.

"Alohomora!" I whisper, unlocking the door. I hope I won't get in trouble with the Ministry for using such a small spell outside of school, especially for a situation like this.

Without a second thought, I sprint down the stairs and stop myself from sprinting once I reach the bottom of the staircase. Hesitantly, I walk towards where the Death Eater's are and hide behind a pillar so that they cannot see me.

"He's just a boy!" Narcissa yells, holding back her sobs. "He's much too young for this! Take me instead, my Lord!"

My eyes dart over to Narcissa, where she is on her knees begging in front of a ominous looking man-creature. He has bright red eyes, pale inhuman-like skin, and a smooth surface where his nose should be.

He is Lord Voldemort.

Draco stands uncomfortably next to Voldemort, his face stoic and emotionless. How can he look at his own mother on the verge of tears and show nothing?

"Oh, Narcissa, you must understand. I need a Hogwarts student for my next task," Voldemort drawls with no compassion in his voice.

"What about me?" I ask fearlessly, stepping out of my hiding spot.

"Do my eyes deceive me? Is that Edeline's child?"

I fidget under Voldemort's look. "Yes. I, too, go to Hogwarts. I can do it instead of Draco."

"Amelia, don't!" Draco exclaims.

Voldemort cackles. "Now, now. There is plenty of room for you both to join me. Amelia, my dear friend, come here," He calls.

My parents are also at this meeting, looking at me with no emotion. Voldemort takes the two of us to an empty room in the back of Malfoy Manor.

"Who would like to go first?" He asks teasingly. He takes his wand and points at me, then points it towards Draco. He moves the wand back and forth between us before it stops on me.

"I'll take the girl first. Amelia, I've heard quite a lot about you. You seem like you'll be a worthy one of my followers — that is, if you survive the marking. It's going to be quite excruciating, especially for one as petite as you are," Voldemort drawls.

Draco's face remains rigid, but his eyes are swirling with different emotions. Guilt, frustration, and sadness all combine together to fill his stormy grey eyes.

"Give me your arm," Voldemort orders.

I roll my sleeve up and put my arm up.

"Your left one," He corrects. I quickly shift arms and hold it up for him. He draws his wand and puts the tip on my forearm.

"Morsmordre," He whispers.

Pain shoots through my arm, even stronger than the Cruciatus Curse felt like. I try my hardest to not make a noise, but a short whimper escapes my lips. Voldemort cackles sinisterly when he hears the pain laced in my voice.

Once the pain subdues and the tip of his wand is removed from my arm, I glance to it and gasp at what I see imprinted onto my arm.

The Dark Mark.

—-
:(

She sacrificed her life for Pakistan ... LOL i'm sorry guys i'm awful

To lighten up the Author's Note, I'd like to let you all know that I started reading a new fanfic called Muggle and it's very original and creative! It's Fred Weasley tho not Draco

QOTC: What's your favorite HP fanfic?