Chapter Thirteen

Several students scream, including Hermione, who clutches Ron's robes fearfully. Once she realizes what she has done, however, she releases her grip from him rather quickly. I keep my vision focused on Harry, where a flash of white barely grazed his face. I then turn to the culprit himself, Draco Malfoy.

"Flipendo!" I mutter, drawing out my wand towards Malfoy. A spark of light erupts from my wand and onto Draco, but he doesn't fall over, like the spell is intended to do. Before I can try again, the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher comes charging through the crowd of people.

"OH NO, YOU DON'T LADDIE!" He says while limping down the marble staircase. I turn around to look at Draco, who has been mysteriously replaced with a pure white ferret.

"Did he get you?" Moody growled.

Harry shakes his head quickly. "No, he missed."

"LEAVE IT!" Moody yells directly at Harry, who has made no more movement.

"Leave— what?" Harry asks, bewildered. Hermione, Ron, and I stay stunned in silence. Moody jerks his thumb to Crabbe and Goyle, who were frozen and about to pick up the white ferret. It seems as if his rounded eye could see anything.

Moody starts to limp towards the ferret, Draco, and the ferret shrieks and runs towards the dungeons. "I don't think so!" He yells, pointing his wand at the Draco ferret who gets lifted about ten feet into the air before dropping onto the ground.c

"I don't like people who attack when their opponent's back turned," He says roughly, as the Draco ferret squealed in pain. "Stupid, stinking, cowardly, scummy thing to do..." I grimace, Draco may be a jerk, but he doesn't deserve being a ferret.

"Professor Moody!" Professor McGonagall says in a shocked voice, her arms filled with books.

"Hello, Professor McGonagall," Moody says unfazed, continuing to levitate the Draco ferret.

"What- What are you doing?" She asks, appalled. Her eyes watch Moody bounce the ferret up and down. "Is that a student?"

"Yep."

"No!" She cried, pulling out her wand. A moment later, a snapping noise erupted and Draco Malfoy was lying on the floor with his blonde hair all over his face. He quickly stood to his feet, wincing.

"Moody, we never use Transfiguration as a punishment! Surely Professor Dumbledore told you that?" She asks weakly.

The two professors continue to bicker. Draco, who looked extra pale, looked up at Moody malevolently. "My father will hear about this," He mutters.

Moody snaps his head from McGonagall to Draco. "Well I know your father of old, boy.. You tell him Moody's keeping a close eye on his son.. you'll tell him that from me... Now, your Head of House'll he Snape, will it?" He asks.

"Yes," Draco says resentfully.

Moody's eyes trail to me, his eyes looking at me green robes. "Your in his house, eh?" He asks me, looking skeptical at the fact that I was standing with three Gryffindors.

"Yes," I tell Moody carefully.

He grunts. "I need to have a chat with old Snape, walk with him to the dungeons," He orders me. I send the Gryffindor trio an apologetic look while they struggle to hide their giggles. Moody leaves and I walk over to Draco, who's cheeks are tinged pink.

"How could you be so stupid? Making fun of Ron's mother like that.. you have absolutely no manners!" I scold him, violently grabbing his arm and dragging him towards the dungeons.

He lets me pull him down the corridor without a struggle. "Sounds like someone has a crush on Weasley," Draco says sinisterly. "I didn't think you would stoop down so low, Grey," He tells me.

I groan in frustration. "You think you're so much better than everyone else, do you? Well, I hate to break it to you but you aren't You're pathetic, rude, selfish-"

"Woah, woah, woah," Draco says, cutting me off. "You're being so kind to me," He drawls sarcastically. "I'd say you fancy me," He smirks, winking in my direction.

By now we are walking side by side. "I'm just saying, it doesn't hurt to be civil with people. You don't always have to prove you're the best by mocking others," I tell him, my tone serious.

Draco rolls his eyes. "You're a blood traitor, you wouldn't understand," He says, drawing back.

"What are you going to tell the other Slytherins when they find out they lost points? They're going to know it was you and despise you for it," I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

Draco shakes his head. "You're quite daft. The Slytherins are going to think you lost them the points," He tells me, completely serious.

"Why would they think I lost them the points?"

"Wow, Grey, you sound more stupid every second. I'm going to tell them that you tried to jinx me in the Great Hall and Snape saw and took points off. The Slytherins dislike you already, I might as well save my reputation out of it," Draco sneers.

I clench my fists. "Blame it on me and I'll jinx you again- and I'll make sure it works this time," I seethe. I've never failed when jinxing someone. I've always been the best at magic in my classes.

Malfoy smirks maliciously. "How come your little jinx didn't work anyway? Father told me you were actually good at magic, too. Did you parents lie to mine or something?" He hounds.

The two of us stand in front of the dungeon. I still don't know the password. I turn to Draco expectantly, ignoring his pesky comment.

"Mudblood," He says, and the dungeon doors swing open. He walks in, leaving me shocked at the password from outside of the door.

"You coming, Grey?" He asks, standing in the doorway of the dungeons. I quickly enter the dungeons as well, glad that I didn't have to say the word in order to enter.

Draco disappears into the boy's dormitory and I gladly make my way to the girl's dormitory, happy to ignore the events of this evening.

Heyy!! So this isn't published yet so you probably won't be seeing this for a few weeks (it's October 9/10 ish today!!)