Chapter One Hundred Three

The fire was not a normal fire. Within the flames, a mutant fiery group of beasts lived. The heat of the flames were deathly, even though I was nowhere near the fire, I felt it burning.

"Look at you, you idiot!" Draco screams at Crabbe. "We're going to die and it's all your fault!"

The flames build around us, growing stronger by the second. I can't stop myself from yelping in surprise when a fiery serpent nearly kills me.

"Climb, Amelia, climb!" Draco commands, allowing me to climb the nearest ladder first.

"But Goyle!" I shout, seeing Draco carry the unconscious Goyle.

"Don't worry about me, go faster!"

"Look!" I gasp, raising an eye at Harry and his friends on brooms. "They're coming!"

"IF WE DIE FOR THEM I'LL KILL YOU!" Ron screams loudly, before grabbing my wrist and shoving me into his broomstick roughly. Draco reluctantly joins Harry, and Hermione takes hold of an unconscious Goyle.

Draco screams and holds onto Harry tightly. Hermione looks disgusted to be near Goyle. The six of us land where the flames no longer crackle.

"C-Crabbe . . .," Draco sputters.

"He's dead," Ron says harshly.

"Well, I say we go," Hermione says, standing up. "No use in staying here. We'll stick together. Are you going to join us, Amelia?"

By now, my Polyjuice Potion has worn off. I glance at Draco nervously, who's slumped against the wall with Goyle. Both boys are wandless and Goyle is still unconscious.

"Go without me," He urges.

"No," I say, grabbing Draco's arm and standing him up with me. "You're coming with me."

Yells and shouts of dueling fill the corridor. I gasp at the realization; Death Eaters have penetrated Hogwarts. Fred and Percy have jumped into view, hooded and battling masked and hooded men.

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco and I run fast over to them to help. Jets of light fly in every direction and the man battling Percy slips away, his hood falling from his head.

"Hello Minister!" Percy says to Thicknesse, who looks to be in awful discomfort. "Did I mention that I'm resigning?"

"You're joking, Perce!" Fred shouts as the Death Eater he's battling collapses under a Stunning Spell. "You are joking, Perce. I don't think I've heard you joke since —"

The air explodes and at that moment, the world seems rent apart. I feel myself flying through the air, with Draco's arms wrapped tightly around mine. I hear the screams and yells of my companions and don't trust myself to open my eyes.

"No — No! Fred, no!" Someone shouts.

I run over to the three red haired boys. Percy shakes his brother and Ron kneels beside him. I gasp at the sight.

Fred eye's stare into the ceiling, the ghost of his last laugh is still etched upon his face.

"He can't be!" I shout, tears streaming down my face. Draco holds me tighter but doesn't say a word.

"We've got to move! Percy, come on! You can't do anything for him, we've got to —"

Hermione screams. A large spider makes its way down the hallway, looking violent.

"Let's move, NOW!" Harry shouts.

Draco pushes me ahead of him but I grab his hand and follow Harry to wherever he decides to run. Once the group of us reach the end of the corridor, we take a break to pant and hide behind a tapestry.

"The final Horcrux," Draco tells the trio. "His snake. The Dark Lord should have it with him . . ."

"He's in the Shrieking Shack," Harry says, closing his eyes and clutching his scar. "He's just sent your father to find Snape," He adds to Draco.

"Don't bother," I whisper coldly, feeling another vision within my head. "Snape will be dead soon."

"Amelia — what?" Hermione asks.

"Snape killed Dumbledore. Dumbledore had possession of some special wand, the Elder Wand? It's now under Snape, so The Dark Lord will be getting the possession from Snape," I say.

Draco gapes. "B-But I disarmed Dumbledore."

"Yes, but you didn't kill him," Hermione says matter-of-factly. "I believe possession is passed through murder only, but I could be mistaken."

"We can sort this out later! Harry, we need you to come up with a plan. You know this the best out of anyone else!

"You two kill Nagini," Harry orders. "Hermione, Ron, and I will —"

"Kill Nagini? My precious Nagini?" A voice from behind says coldly. I turn around.

Voldemort.

"My dear friend, Amelia, you didn't think I'd know your secret? That you're alive? Come here, girl," Voldemort says coldly, gesturing me with his long fingers to come over. He strokes his snake.

"What?" I ask rudely.

"Don't talk to me like that," Voldemort teases.

"You can't kill me, I can —"

"Crucio!"

I scream in pain before falling to the ground and writhing up like a raisin. Pain shoots throughout my body and I cannot fail to resist it.

"Now, anyways. Kill Nagini, but alas I have one more Horcrux that may be particularly hard to kill."

"What is it?" Ron asks.

"Well, he's standing right in front of you. Harry Potter, you are indeed my final Horcrux."

The pain in my body stops as I stare at Harry, who looks as if he has just seen a ghost. It doesn't matter if we can't kill Nagini, because we'd have to kill Harry.

"But —"

"But what, my dear Amelia? It seems you've figured it out. Harry Potter must die in order for me to die. Harry Potter must live in order for me to live. Unless — Unless you'd like to sacrifice yourself for your friend," Voldemort says coldly.

"What?"

"If I try to kill you, we'll both die. It's either we both die, or Harry and I die. It's a terrible choice to make, don't you think?" Voldemort asks coldly.

"No!" Harry and Draco shout at the same time.

I give Harry an apologetic look before standing from my spot on the ground and walking bravely towards Voldemort. I throw my wand on the ground and it slides across the floor, landing in front of Draco.

"Kill me."

——

The best thing ever is waking up to a chapter that's 90% completed and you only have to write a few hundred words ahhhh

We're almost at 50k reads wow