Chapter One Hundred Four

Surprisingly enough, Voldemort looks disappointed at my sacrifice. But then again, I'm sure he'd rather kill Harry Potter than kill his daughter. Ew — I hate being his daughter, that just sounds disgusting to think about.

"Avada Kedavra!" Voldemort says, turning his wand to Harry. A flash of green light erupts from his wand and hits Harry square in the forehead, causing him to collapse onto the ground.

"My Lord . . .," Bellatrix whispers.

"That will do," He says coldly. A group of Death Eaters had huddled around him by now.

"My Lord, let me —" Bellatrix tries again.

"I do not require assistance. The boy . . . is he dead?" Voldemort asks. I still cannot see him from the Death Eaters swarm.

"You," Voldemort says, pointing a finger at Narcissa. "Examine him. Tell me whether he is dead."

Narcissa walks over to Harry, kneels before him, and slowly feels his face. She lifts an eyelid up and continues to examine him. I notice her whisper something to him discreetly.

"He is dead!" Narcissa calls.

"Harry Potter is dead by my hand! And no man can threaten me now!" Voldemort choruses cheerfully. "You carry him, he will be nice and visible in your arms. Pick up your little friend, Hagrid. And the glasses — put on the glasses — he must be recognizable."

Draco holds my hand tightly as we follow the Death Eaters to the entrance of Hogwarts. I don't know if he knows that Harry is alive.

"Harry, HARRY! No!" Ginny cries from Hogwarts.

"Silence! It's all over! Set him down, Hagrid, at my feet! Where he belongs!" Voldemort cackles.

Hagrid reluctantly lowers him onto the grass.

"You see?" He says. "Harry Potter is dead! Do you understand now, deluded ones? He was nothing, ever, but a boy who relied on others to sacrifice themselves for him!"

"He beat you!" Ron yells defiantly.

"Expelliarmus!" A voice says, breaking free from the crowd and charging towards Voldemort. Strangely enough, Neville Longbottom struts through.

"And who is this?" Voldemort hisses, like a serpent. "Who has volunteered to demonstrate what happens to those who continue to fight when the battle is lost?"

"It's Neville Longbottom, my Lord!" Bellatrix laughs delightfully. "The boy who has given the Carrows so much trouble! The son of the Aurors, remember?"

"Ah, yes, I remember," Voldemort says whilst looking down at Neville. "But you are a pureblood, aren't you, my brave boy?"

"So what if I am?" Neville asks, his hands curled into fists. He's wandless and in open land.

"You show spirit, and bravery, and you come of noble stock. You will make a very valuable Death Eater. We need your kind, Neville Longbottom."

"I'll join you when hell freezes over," Neville snaps. "Dumbledore's Army!" The crowd choruses cheerfully, ignited my Neville's speech.

"Very well," Voldemort says. "There will be no more Hogwarts Houses at school! There will be no more houses. The emblem, the shield and the colors of my noble ancestor, Salazar Slytherin, will suffice for everyone, won't they, Neville Longbottom?"

"Draco, you need to do something. I don't have a wand —"

"Take mine. You're more powerful than I am," He whispers, shoving his wand into my chest. I take it reluctantly just as Voldemort points his wand to Neville.

"No!" I scream, pointing Draco's wand and putting a body bind curse at Voldemort.

Voldemort cackles. "I wouldn't do that if I were you," He says, easily resisting my curse. "I have possession of the Elder Wand. We may have equal magic, but I was the one who killed Snape!"

I cackle. "You don't really think you have possession, do you? Dumbledore's death was planned, Snape was on Dumbledore's side! He can't defeat someone who's planned death with him!"

"It matters not!" Voldemort yells back angrily. "It does not matter who's side Severus was on, as I am the one who killed him!"

Harry stands up, alive and well. "Possessing the wand isn't enough! Holding it, using it, doesn't really make it yours. Didn't you listen to Ollivander? The wand chooses the wizard . . . the Elder Wand recognized a new master before Dumbledore died. The true master of the Elder Wand is Draco Malfoy. And the prophecy is the reason why you will die today."

All eyes turn to Draco and I.

"You mean that ridiculous soulmate prophecy? Two teenagers who have an allegiance to me will not be the reason for my downfall, Potter! You really are as much of an idiot as your parents!" Voldemort shouts.

"Draco, we have to do it now. Before he kills Harry," I whisper, squeezing his hand.

"But the Elder Wand . . .," He trails.

"Amelia, head's up!" Harry yells, tossing the Elder Wand to me. I catch it easily and glance at Draco.

"Harry's wandless. We have to go now!" I whisper to him urgently. He understands. He nods.

"Avada Kedavra!" The two of us shout simultaneously, pointing the Elder Wand at Voldemort.

Through the combined force of my Petrinedum abilities and Draco's magical possession, we manage to produce the brightest green light I have ever seen in my entire life. It feels as if we're in slow motion, as the light hits Voldemort's chest and he falls backwards.

"H-he's dead," I whisper.

"It can't be," Draco whispers in return.

Harry eyes me and runs over to Voldemort's corpse. He takes the wand away from Voldemort and puts his head on his chest in order to find a pulse.

"Lord Voldemort is dead!" He screams.

Two members of the Order move Voldemort's body to a different spot in the Great Hall. I glance over at the bodies of Fred, Tonks, Lupin, Collin Creevey, Lavender Brown, and dozens of others who have died whilst fighting for the sake of goodness.

"This doesn't feel real," I whisper, feeling numb.

Draco's arms snake around me and we pull each other into a tight hug. Everything feels so right and wrong at the same time. Voldemort is dead but the lives of so many others have been destroyed.

"What are you going to do now that you have the Elder Wand?" I ask quietly into his chest.

"Destroy it. I don't think anyone needs to have that much power," He whispers in return.

"Draco . . . your arm," I whisper.

Draco's silver eyes meet mine before he shows me his left arm. The tattoo of the Dark Mark has disappeared, leaving only his pale flesh and a few scars from battle in place.

——

WE ARE ALMOST DONE HOLY SHITTTT