Chapter Ninety Two

I wake up the next morning before any of the rest of them. Restlessly, I take out a piece of parchment and the nearest quill I can find and write out the following:

Harry, Ron, and Hermione:

It is with my dearest regret and regards while writing this. I must inform you that I will no longer be accompanying you on your journey. I promise I'll remain with the Order and stand for what you fight for. I have something in need of taking care of.

I fold the letter neatly and place it next to Hermione's sleeping bag, seeing that she's probably the one most likely to find it and read it.

Closing my eyes and gathering my little belongings, I collect my thoughts and focus on one thing. It was time for me to gather my own trio.

Destination, Determination, Deliberation.

Unlike two Summers ago, when I had collided into Grayson's house through the fireplace using the Floo Powder, my arrival is much more smoother. Standing in the center of his living room, I hesitate for a few seconds before darting up the stairs.

"Amelia? Good heavens, is that you?" Ann says to me in shock, walking over to me before I can move. "I haven't seen you in ages! You've gotten to be so beautiful!"

I awkwardly return the hug she's given me. "Thank you . . .," I say shyly. "I was wondering —"

"Your accent!" She flushes. "The British is truly rubbing off on you! Come now, would you like some coffee? Or tea?" She asks, winking at me after she says tea. As much as I love Ann's spirits, now is certainly not the time.

"No thank you — er, is Grayson home?"

Ann nods. "He's doing some of his Summer work right now. I'm sure you're very busy for your final year of Ilve- I mean, Hogwarts, right?"

"Yes, but I need to speak with Grayson. It's urgent."

"Of course, Amelia! Go right ahead! I'm sorry for keeping you waiting," She apologizes, her cheeks flushing. She points to the familiar staircase which I'm now able to rush up. Grayson's door has no left my memory as I run up to it.

"Grayson!" I shout, tearing open his door.

Inside of the room, is my best friend who I haven't seen in years. He's hovering over a textbook whilst holding out his wand with his right hand. He nearly drops his wand in surprise once he turns around to look at me.

"Amelia — what are you doing here?" He asks, standing up and practically tackling me in a hug.

"You've missed so much," I whisper, hugging him as tight as I possibly can. "I need your help. And we need to locate Francesca . . ."

"You mean —?"

"She's hiding somewhere. Do you know anywhere where she might've hidden herself?" I ask him seriously, looking into his dark brown eyes. Oh, how I'd much rather be looking into Draco's silver ones. Not that I haven't missed Grayson, but Draco . . .

Grayson's eyes widen. "Actually, I think I might," He grabs my hand and holds it tight. "Hang tight — we're going to Apparate."

"Wait — what?"

******

Thirty seconds later, we return to a place where I thought I'd never see again. Ilvermorny School of Magic. The building looks so similar yet so different at the exact same time.

"Grayson, can you explain?!"

"Two years ago, right after you'd left for Hogwarts, Francesca and I had a huge game of hide and seek. Anyways, it took me an entire weekend to find her. When I'd asked her where she'd decided to hide, she showed me," Grayson explains quickly. "Come on, follow me .  . ."

The school is deserted since the next semester doesn't start until next week. It's so strange to think that Voldemort isn't a threat here. I could return to Ilvermorny and he wouldn't blink an eye.

Well, Voldemort also thinks that I'm dead.

Grayson and I approach a large, stone door. He jiggles the doorknob, but it's locked. "Alohomora," He whispers, drawing his wand. But the door doesn't budge. It remains extraordinarily stoic.

"Alohomora," I try, hoping that my Petrinedum powers may give me an advantage. Alas, nothing.

"It must be protected," I whisper to the two of us. "Do you have any idea on where we could find the password?" I ask Grayson.

"Er — there is one place, but it's far too risky. . ."

"Grayson, what is it?" I ask.

"The restricted section of the library. Apparently, there's a hidden book in the back with all the secrets of the castle. But we mustn't go in there, Amelia. If a student enters the restricted section, all the Professors are notified immediately!" Grayson protests, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Technically I'm not a student anymore," I say excitedly. Grayson looks petrified. Before he can say another word, I've turned on my heel and sprinted towards the library eagerly.

The library is just as large and empty as I remember it. The restricted section, in the back, is covered with warning signs and precautions.

"Amelia, it's not worth it!" Grayson calls from behind me, but I've already entered.

"Revelio," I whisper with my wand extended.

Much to my luck, there are no traps present. I continue walking. Towards the back of the section, there's a thick book with a padlock on the front. I gulp — this has to be it.

The Secrets and Collections of Ilvermorny School of Magic by Alistair Fontaine

"Headmaster Fontaine wrote this?" I whisper to myself, scooping up the heavy book in my arms. "Merlin, how long has that man been alive?"

Not wanting to take anymore chances, I carefully tread out of the library and back to Grayson. I manage to slam the book on the nearest table before I nearly topple over. Panting, the two of us exchange a look.

"I'll do it — Alohomora maximo," I tell Grayson, using the strongest unlocking spell I'm aware of.

"How did you do that?" He asks in surprise. "The cover specifically says that it's resistant to Unlocking Spells . . . what are you hiding, Amelia?"

I sigh. "I'm a Petrinedum. You can ask mequesrions later. Right now, we need to open this bloody book and find Francesca."

The two of us open the ginormous book and flip through dozens of pages before landing across our desired one —

SECRETS AND PASSWORDS OF THE DUNGEONS
Password: 123126

"We did it! We've got the password!" I shout excitedly to Grayson, who quickly shoves a hand over my mouth. "Sorry," I whisper apologetically.

Grayson and I sprint downstairs to the dungeons where he quickly enters the code. 123126. The stone door swings open, allowing for us to enter.

Francesca, here we come.

—-
SHES BACK WITH THE ILVERMORNY TRIOOOOOO :D

I imagine Grayson as Jace Norman ngl but it's up to you as to who you wish to portray him