Chapter Twenty One

Zabini stares at me dumbfounded. "Wait, Amelia, I-" He starts but I turn on my heel and walk away from him before he can utter another word.

Blair, Millicent, and Daphne are all on the common room couches drinking butterbeer. Even Blair, to my surprise, has replaced her book with a glass of it. I flop onto the empty seat in the couch next to Millicent, still frustrated from my argument with Zabini.

"Why do you look so angry?" Millicent asks me. "Here," She adds, handing me her half filled glass of butterbeer, "Have some of my drink."

I quickly down the rest of her butterbeer, knowing that it isn't enough to make me feel lightheaded or loopy. "Thanks," I tell her. I eye the rest of the Slytherin girls in my year. "Is Pansy here?" I ask them curiously.

"She went back to the dormitories to put on some lip gloss. Do you know she's snogging Malfoy tonight? She asked him before dinner and he said yes! Can you believe it? Pansy and Malfoy? I'm so jealous!" Daphne gushes whilst clapping her hands together.

Blair rolls her eyes. "I'm shocked anyone would want to willingly go near that girl," She says wryly.

I open my mouth to respond but Miles Bletchley approaches the four of us instead. "Grey, come talk with me for a second?" He asks, looking directly at me. I can tell from his statement that it's more of a command than a request.

He leads me over to where his friends stand. Montague and Pucey are there, along with Terence Higgs, Cassius Warrington, Brian Urquhart, and two other quiet boys who I don't recognize.

"What do you want?" I ask, eyeing him suspiciously.

"I-" He starts, but before he can finish Warrington interrupts him.

"This is the amazing Ilvermorny Keeper that Snape told you about? She's so tiny, I think the quaffle weighs more than her!" He blurts, causing a string of laughter to erupt between the boys. I roll my eyes at his painfully dull joke. I bite my tongue to avoid talking back to him.

"Say, where's Malfoy? Isn't he the one who has to live with her?" Adrian asks. The boys have forgotten about me rather quickly, and are now gossiping about Pansy and Malfoy snogging.

"Well, if you excuse me, I'm going to return to my-"

"Wait! Can you grab me the butterbeer from that closet?" Montague asks me, grabbing my arm to stop me from turning around. He points to a closet in the back corner of the Common Room.

"Are you crazy-?" I start, but quickly realize he's the Captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team. I can easily use this as an opportunity to get on his good side. "Sure!" I chirp instead, turning around and entering the closet.

The closet is a lot bigger than I thought. The door clicks shut behind me as I take another step further into the closet.

Before I can continue venturing in, two hands grab my waist and pull me into a warm chest. "Took you long enough," A husky voice whispers to me.

"Malfoy?" I ask incredulously. He practically throws me off of him once he realizes who I am.

"Lumos!" I say, pulling out my wand. A bright light emerges from my wand, only to reveal Draco Malfoy standing in front of me. He looks more handsome than usual- his hair is tousled into a middle part, his eyes are shimmery in the ghastly light, and he's dressed casually.

"Why are you here?" He asks me. "I was expecting someone else," He says.

"Yes, I know you are your precious Pansy are supposed to snog tonight. I think everyone in Slytherin knows at this point," I tell him with an eye roll.