CHAPTER - 1

Los Angeles, USA

Moonlight travelled through the window with graceful ease, lightening the bed. A girl is sleeping there with her long brown locks scattering all over the bed making her look more enchanting and divine.

The reflection of moonlight on her face makes it glow more tracing the innocence hidden under those thick lashes.

Suddenly, she started mumbling something in her sleep and her whole body started shaking, sweat covering all her body. She started screaming.
Leave me .... ahh
Plz, leave me.
Save me aad...
ahhhhhh....

Mahi's p.o.v.

Another nightmare, why?

Why can't I sleep peacefully even for a night, I got up from my bed and went inside the washroom and splashed water on my face and glance at myself in the mirror.

There is no longer a tough, independent strong billionaire. There standing a scared, timid, weak girl who wanted to cry but her eyes are tired, who wanted to scream but no words are coming out.

I walk back into my room, opened the drawer of my cupboard and took the bottle, I can't do this. I cannot move on not now, not ever. It's like only time had passed but here I am standing on the same hand of time, a time from where it all started.

I took a pill from the bottle and gulped it down. Lying on the bed with some memories of the past my eyes felt heavy and soon enough darkness engulfed me.

I woke up with the noise of my alarm. I thought what if, all that was just a nightmare and nothing much. I was living the same life with my loved ones once but no this is the reality, a harsh reality.

I snapped out from my thought by the continuous ringing of my phone. I pick it up. It was my assistant ridan. He is not like other stupid guys who are just busying in parties, girls and alcohol. He is the son of a well-known hotelier in the USA. But a very ambitious guy.

A complete package of 'beauty with brain' and ya one more thing money. He is the only heir of his father's business but, due to his interest and passion for media, he is working under me. But his father gave him only 4 years to live his dream after that, he had to inherit his father's business. Poor boy...

Anyways I have to get ready there's is an urgent meeting which demands my presence.

I quickly took a shower and came out. I changed into my dress and left my hair open. As my eyes reached the mirror I took a glance at myself. I am everything a man die for but only, I know how every minute I die.

I am no longer that chubby, bubbly, chirpy girl. I have a figure with perfect curves at perfect places, milky white skin and my long brown locks which reached till my butt. Which he loves the most. I did a quick light make-up, which only includes my matte lipstick and mascara. After a final glance, I took my laptop and phone. Moving towards my car I started driving towards my first destination.

 Moving towards my car I started driving towards my first destination

Mahi's look

I stop my car in front of Starbucks and grabbed my latte with a sandwich. I started driving towards my office.

You heard it right I drive. I learn it 4 years back. I learn to overcome my fears but my weaknesses are still killing me. I parked my Audi A6 in front of my office, grabbed my purse and headed inside.

The staff greeted me by bowing their head which I returned with my polite smile. I may not interact with people but that doesn't mean I ignored them. I entered my cabin and took a seat in my chair. I am head of the branch of the company in Los Angeles. Which directly or indirectly lead thousands of people to work under me. If my doll and he saw me achieving this much, they must be very proud of me. How is their life going on? How are they? Do they miss me as I do? Does he even remember me? Why do you do that with me? My thoughts were interrupted by a loud knock on the door.

'Come inside'

'Good morning mam' ridhan greeted me.

"Good morning rii' is the presentation ready?"
I asked him.

"Yes ma'am. Everything is ready. But please take a look." He requested looking cute.

He looks list somewhere. Something is off today.

"Ridhan are u ook?" I asked him

"Yes ma'am. I am all fine". He answered.

"No u look a bit upset. That's why. Are u alright? You can tell me. If u are not feeling well you can take a leave." I asked him

"No, no mam. It's nothing like that, just my father reminded me that only 2 months are left than I have to leave my job and join my father's business. I love my job and working with you. It's my luck to work with u
You. Not everyone is lucky enough to get this opportunity.

In these 4 years, you made me understand what life is. You are an inspiration for me, ma'am. You are like my elder sister which I never had. You always supported me whether it is personally or professionally. I am forever grateful to u for this ." By now he was in tears I had never seen him crying. He is always a strong and calm person.

I got up from my seat and went near him and hugged him. He was one of the very few people who are close to me. I love him like my own brother which I never had.

"Stop crying ree. You are just getting into a new profession. That doesn't mean you have to leave your passion. It's just life challenging you and you have to prove yourself. This is an opportunity for you to prove yourself and make me proud. And remember I am always there for you " I tried to make him understand.

'Thank u so much dii. I will prove myself and make you proud of me" he said with a wide smile on his face.

'That's like my boy. Now stop crying or we will miss the meeting. It's very important. just go wash ur face. I am waiting for u in the conference room.' I told him.

"Ok mam. You go I am coming". He said and went out. I made my way towards the conference room.

I entered the conference room and get greeted by wishes which I returned in the same manner. This meeting is very important for our company.

"Morning everyone, as u all know we all gathered here for our newly launched bird music series. So let's look towards its coming future and our annual profit rate." I acknowledge them.

Like this meeting run in full swing and we made client s agree. By the end of the meeting whole room is filled with applause and praises. I made my way towards the exit. The guard bowed his head which I returned with my smile.

Settling inside my car I started the engine. And started driving towards my house. I wonder what he is doing at this time? How does he look? More handsome or ugly. But he never looks ugly. Does he have any girlfriend or does he marry someone and have kids? My trance was broken by the ringing of my phone. I parked my car at the corner and take a look towards it It wasn't a local number, it's an IST call or more precisely its Indian number. My heartbeat increase and my hands shook. Hesitatingly, I pick it up.

"Hello... Who's there.?"
.
.
.
************************************
Hello?
Who was there on call?

Who called Mahi and why?

Do you like ridhan don't worry in the coming chapters you will.

Plz, vote and comment. Do tell me your opinions regarding the story.

Stay safe, my lovely readers.

Love❣️