CHAPTER-5

Mahi's  p.o.v.

The day has finally arrived, the day when everything will be changed. My life, my priorities. A new addition with thousands of addition. After this day everything will be changed. I still have the chance to run away from the situation. But I decided to face it. I decided to face my problem instead of running away like always. I know I am going to play with fire. But I am already burnt, so there is nothing to fear about. I know I have a long way ago, I have to face many things. But I promise myself to remain strong all my way.

I look my reflection in mirror. I always dreamt of fairytale, but I don't know that reality is far away from fairytales. For everyone I am a perfect, but only I know I am broken beyond repair. Years ago I found a hope in his eyes. Unaware of the fact that the hope was temporary but the pain it gives is permanent. It's true that the person whom you love the most, has the power to break you.

"Mahi, mahi'''"

"Huh" I said

"Are you fine"  Aleey asked me.

"Ya, I am fine." I said with a fake smile.

"Huh I know how fine are you." She said scarcastially.

"Girls you are not done yet" Her mom said coming inside my room.

"Mahii, you look like a doll. God protect you from all evil eyes. " She said and put kaala tika (khol) behind my ear.

" Thank you aunty. " I said politely. I can't pass more fake smiles.

"Someone forgots me. " Aleey said pouting.

"No one forgot you my baby" aunty said hugging her. By seeing them it reminded me of my doll. She always said that she will do everything in my marriage. She will celebrate it like a festival. She will complete my every wish. But irony is our distance is larger than our love. I miss her so much. I want to tell her but I know she will not talk to me after all that scenario no one wants to talk to me. Am I that bad. I don't remember what was my fault in all that. But no one trusted me.

"Mahi, mahi" someone shooked me.

"Why are you crying beta (child)?" Aunty asked me with concerned eyes.

"No  aunty, I am not crying. It's just there is something in my eyes." I lied.

"Ooh ! Okay. Now you girls come downstairs. Aditya is being grumpy while waiting for you." She said with a small laugh. And stepped out of the room.

"You have masters in ." I looked at her confused......

"In what?" I asked her.

"Lying, showing you are absolutely right. While inside you are dying every minute." She said with her arms crossed on her chest.

"Aleey, I think we are getting late." I tried to turned the topic.

"Ya sure, you are dying to meet him your future husband. Like when you see him you are going to run like a rabbit and cling to him. Don't you try to change the topic. I will deal with you later." I looked at her with narrowed eyes.......

"Now let's go before that grumpy man come here and drag you out." She said holding my wrist.

"Are you ready?" Aleey asked me. I just nodded.

"Okk" I said and we made our way downstairs. Everyone in way was looking at me like I am some celebrity. I am feeling uncomfortable with such unwanted attention. We reached there. It was a pool side set-up. But I had seen better in my client's parties. I don't like to go there but for the sake of company I have to. But I must say it is also beautiful. I entered there. Everyone was looking at me. But my eyes are downcast as I don't want to see him, atleast not this soon. But I can feel a burning gaze of blue orbs on me. I reached near stage a hand come in front of me. I looked up those same blue orbs in which I had seen my life, my hope, and happiness are blank know they have nothing for me except hatred.