Chapter 22: A Broken Family

Sasuke was landed in the hospital 4 days later. 

"Sasuke!" y/n said rushing into his room where Sakura was sitting next to him. She then explained what happened. He laid there unconscious with a sad look on his face.

"Oh Sasuke. I told you not to get hurt but you never listen." y/n said with her head bent over on his bed.

"We don't know when he'll wake up." Sakura said. Y/n let out a sigh and nodded.

"Thank you Sakura. Really. Sasuke is so set on revenge he needs someone to lighten him up." she said before leaving. Praise from y/n was rare and Sakura didn't know what to say. She simply nodded and smiled.

"I-I'll try my best." she said.

~Time Skip 3 Days~

Y/n walked in with a bento box, hoping that Sasuke would be awake today.

"S-Sasuke." she said as she ran to hug him. He was now laying awake, with a dead look in his eyes.

"Y-y/n?" he asked groggily. He fell limp in his cousins arms, who was now tearing up.

"I brought you your favorite. Onigiri." she said placing the bento box on the table. He gave her a weak smile.

"You always make me worry! I didn't know if you'd be awake. I'm sorry but I have to go, I have a mission. I'll come back later and make anything you want!" she said as she left the room.

~Time Skip Later that Day~

Y/n made her way back to the hospital after a quick C rank mission.

"I'm here for Sasuke Uchiha." she said to a nurse.

"Oh, Sasuke. He was disch- or he left a while ago." the nurse replied. Y/n looked disappointed but left the hospital in search for Sasuke. As she was walking she came across Kakashi.

"Oh. Kakashi sensei! Do you happen to know where Sasuke is?" she asked.

"Oh. Hello, y/n. Hm Sasuke. I talked to him earlier but I'm not sure where he went. You should check up on him though. I'm a bit worried about him." Kakashi explained.

"Did his health get worst?"

"No."

"Then what is it?" she asked. Kakashi then explained what had happened on the rooftop. How Sasuke challenged Naruto.

"I see. Thank you Kakashi sensei." she left, searching everywhere for him. Ichiraku, training grounds, the forest, all the restaurants, and stores, but he was nowhere to be found.

"Ugh where can he be?" she decided to go home only to find Sasuke standing at the balcony.

"S-Sasuke."

"Hn?" he looked over his shoulder, a bit relieved.

"What are you doing up here. I was worried."

"You're always worried. Do you have that little faith in me?"

"No Sasuke of course not. It's just..."

"You think I'm weak huh? Always worried because you think I can't handle myself. Just wait I'll get stronger."

"Sasuke I don't think you're weak at all."

"Then why do you worry so much?"

"Because..."

"Why?!?"

"Because you're the only one I have! I'm afraid to lose you! I'm afraid that I won't be able to protect you! I'm scared Sasuke! I'm scared as hell! I don't know what to do without you! You're all I have!" she said now in tears. Anger and sadness bottle her up at the same time. Sasuke gave his cousin a hug, his gaze was hard and solemn.

"Don't worry, y/n. I'll get stronger and I'll be able to protect you. I'll kill Itachi and avenge our families so that you can rest easy." he whispered.

"Sasuke I don't care about revenge just promise you won't leave me alone." she said still in his arms. He didn't answer but she was too occupied crying to notice.

~The Next Morning~

"SASUKE IS GONE!" Sakura shouted as she approached y/n who was about to head out for training.

"Huh Sakura? What are you saying? I thought he just left early." y/n said confused and in disbelief.

"He left the village last night! He's gone to Orochimaru! I-I tried to stop him b-but I couldn't! I'm so useless!" Sakura managed to stammer. Y/n shook her head in disbelief.

"No. That's not true. Tell me you're lying Sakura." she said as she took a step back, heart racing. Tears began to swell up in her eyes.

"I wish I was lying, b-but he's g-gone." Sakura said, the look in her eyes was dead serious.

"No, no, no. I-It can't be. He promised he wouldn't leave me alone. R-right?" she reminisced their talk yesterday and realized that Sasuke never answered her. Tears were now streaming down her face as she fell to her knees. Her vision was blurred as she sobbed her eyes out.

"S-Sasuke!" she cried. Sakura kneeled beside her giving her a hug.