Chapter 4: Neji's Jealousy

"Wake up y/n. Wake up! You'll be late." Sasuke shook y/n violently, earning a slap from her.

"Fine be that way." Sasuke left the apartment. His footsteps through the hallway echoed and y/n heard the door lock which caused her to sit up abruptly. Her muscles were so fatigued from yesterday's training she groaned as she moved. She had never expected the training to be so intense, but then again that was Guy sensei for you.

"Ah! I'm going to be late!" y/n hurriedly got ready and ran to the forest. She was greeted by 4 pairs of eyes staring at her.

"Great you could make it y/n! You even added in an extra workout while you ran. You're only 5 minutes late. As I was saying we'll be doing more conditioning for the next two weeks so that you can be prepared when we have a mission! Now let's do 10 laps around the village!" Guy sensei exclaimed. 3 of them sighed as Lee beamed in excitement.

~Time Skip One Week Later~

Y/n laid on the ground with her h/c hair sprawled out. She had been practicing with her Sharingan. I should get going. Training already ended. She let out a sigh and then spots Shikamaru.

"Shikamaru!" she called. He walked over to her. Hands still in pocket with an tired look on his face. Well he looked like that all the time.

"Oh hi y/n. What's up?" he said.

"Can you carry me please? I'm so tired and my legs hurt." y/n whined as she put her head on his shoulder. Shikamaru sighed and picked her up bridal style.

"Thanks Shika." y/n replied once she was in his arms. He walked through town quite slowly but she didn't complain. His arms were surprisingly sturdy, although his frame was small. There was a familiar pair of white eyes staring at the two friends walking down the street. The Hyuga boy looked away and continued to walk, slowing down with each step. This allowed them to catch up to him.

"Oh Neji. Hi." y/n said. Shikamaru continued to walk alongside Neji with y/n still in his arms.

"What do you want y/n." Neji said in a harsh tone.

"I just said hi."

"Okay." Neji said rolling his eyes. He and y/n had lived near each other.

"Hey Y/n! Shikamaru you can put my annoying cousin down now. She must be heavy." Sasuke walked up to them as Shikamaru dropped y/n.

"Ow. That hurt." Shikamaru let out a little chuckle as Neji continued to walk. His face was forward but his byakugan was activated. His long hair covered the veins that had began to show so that the byakugan was not as noticeable.

"Let's go! You need to make me food!" Sasuke said as Shikamaru parted ways.

"Carry me Sasuke!" y/n whined. But instead Sasuke grabbed her by her hair and dragged her.

"Ow! I'm not going to make you anything if you treat me like this duck butt." y/n yelled. Sasuke let out a sigh and picked her up throwing her over his shoulder. Y/n let out a grunt and as he hastily carried her up the stares and then dropped her.

"Food. Now. Please."

-Where Neji Is-

"Yo Neji." Shikamaru stood behind him with his hands in his pocket and a monotone look on his expressionless face. Neji turned around. His byakugan was deactivated and his long hair graciously swung around.

"What?"

"I noticed you staring at y/n. What's that about?"

"I wasn't and even if I was why do you care?"

"It's a drag but y/n is my friend and friends protect each other." Shikamaru let out a sigh and began to walk away.

"If you like her just tell her." he added as he walked. Neji gave a scoff and turned around.

Me liking y/n! Pft yeah right. She's clumsy and indecisive. She never knows what time it is. She only knows a few justus. And lastly she's an Uchiha! Who does Shikamaru think he is? But why was I so mad when she was with him?