Chapter 5: Realization

~Time Skip Another Week Past~

"You guys are all in shape now! We got a few missions from Lord Third! These will be your first missions! How youthful is that!?!" Guy sensei exclaimed. The four students had improved a lot on their stamina and increased their chakra.

The missions were more like chores. Tenten and y/n were okay with the misssions. Lee was way more enthusiastic then he should be and Neji was the opposite.

"Why do we have to do chores? I deserve a better mission than these D ranked ones."

Y/n just smiled as she did their missions. Neither complaining nor enjoying.

How could she be so care free about this. Doesn't it bug her that we're stuck doing chores? Neji thought.

"This is our last mission of the day!" Lee shouted in joy. Guy sensei gave them a thumbs up. Their last mission was to organize desks at the academy.

Y/n pushed the last desk in place.

"Phew all done. I'm beat." y/n said clapping her hands together.

"Since you completed your first missions today I will treat you to dinner!" Guy sensei said. The team had decided to go to a sushi restaurant.

They started to eat. Y/n ate every bite with such a sincere happiness and pleasure.

She looks so cute when she eats. Wait! WHAT AM I THINKING!

"This week we'll be learning some taijutsu moves. Then next week we'll be learning some team formations." Guy sensei explained. They nodded said their goodbyes and left. Neji and y/n began to walk together because of the location of of their houses. Y/n eyes began to close but she shook her head violently forcing herself to continue walking. This continued for a few times until Neji was genuinely concerned about her.

"Hey y/n are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm just tired." y/n replied as she started to fall but was suddenly caught by Neji.

"You're boiling up. You must have a fever." Neji said as he put his hand over her forehead. She gave him a weak smile. He picked her up bridal style and took her to her house. Sasuke was not home.

He gently placed her on the couch and went to wet a towel, folded it, and dabbed it on her forehead. He dabbed her forehead softly as he knelt beside the weak girl beside him. Her h/c was a mess.

"What happened?" he asked.

"I-i think I may have overworked myself." y/n replied flashing him another weak smile. He had notice that she would always stay in the forest after training but he never gave it much thought.

She really did overwork herself. She's always working so hard. She really is amazing. How could she smile right now? How could she smile at all? Her whole family had been killed by her older cousin, Itachi. I must admit that I admire her.

"Sorry Neji."

"For what? You're the one who's sick."

"For worrying you."

Even sick, she was thinking about others instead of herself.

"Tch. Worry more about yourself before you worry about others stupid." Neji said as he wet the towel again and dabbed her forehead some more and brought her a glass of water. She drank it and he put it down, kneeling next to her.

"Are you feeling better?" he asked. Y/n took his hand and held it. She nodded. This earned a bright blush from Neji, whose face began to grow red and sweaty. In the silence you could hear their hearts beating faster and faster, staring into each other's eyes. And if that wasn't enough y/n pulled him closer to her.

"Neji. Stay with me pl-" she was cut off with the door unlocking.

"Y/n I'm home!" Sasuke said entering the living room where y/n was laying and Neji was kneeling. He stood there in silence. Shocked to see the Hyuga boy leaning over his older cousin who was laying on the couch with their hands intertwined. The atmosphere was tense.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING WITH MY COUSIN HYUGA BOY?!?" Sasuke shouted as he tackled Neji.

"Stop Sasuke. I have a fever so Neji was just helping me. That's it!" y/n said as she got up from the couch and yanked Sasuke off Neji.

"You still feel bad. Lay back down." Neji said pushing Sasuke off him. Y/n fell again but this time Sasuke caught her.

"Since Sasuke is here now I should get going." Neji said brushing himself off.

"Sorry Neji. But if you do anything to my cousin thats the end." Sasuke said. Neji just let out a scoff and made his way to the door.

"Thank you Neji." y/n said. He smirked a bit.

"Anytime. We're comrades after all." Neji said as he exited the apartment. His heart was beating rapidly and his face was flushed with pink.

Do I like her?