Chapter 16: Friends Reunited

~Next Day~

"Good morning my wonderful students!" Guy sensei chimed. Everyone looked half asleep except for Lee who's eyes were bright open.

"Good morning Guy sensei!" replied Lee enthusiastically.

"Why did you call us at 5:00 in the morning?" Tenten asked as she rubbed her eyes sleepily. Y/n yawned and Neji simply looked dead.

"Well we got great news! There will be a Chunin Exams in 2 weeks! So do you want to do it?" Guy sensei exclaimed. This made the sleepy students a little more awake.

"Of course m! I'm ready Guy sensei!" Lee said.

"Count me in." y/n said.

"Me too." Tenten added.

"Hmph. Finally something of a challenge." Neji said with a smirk.

"Great! Let's do 100 push-ups!" Guy sensei explained. 3 students groaned while Lee nodded and got right to it.

~Time Skip 3 Days Before the Exam~

Y/n and Tenten were walking down the street until they saw a commotion. Sakura and Naruto were yelling and Konohamaru and his squad looked scared.

"What's going on Sakura?" Y/n asked.

"They started picking on Konohamaru and his friends. They're intruders." she explains.

"Intruders? We're here for the chunin exams." a sassy toned girl said.

"Temari?" y/n asked. She turned around only to find the Sand Siblings standing there.

"Y/n?" she replied back. They walked over and hugged each other.

"Wow it's been forever!" Temari exclaimed.

"I know right!"

"What's up y/n?" Kankuro asked.

"Long time no see Kankuro." y/n was about to hug him until she saw him crack a pervy smile and instead just shook his hand.

"Gaara! I missed you!" she said as she walked over to Gaara. But his gaze was somewhere else. He was looking to his left above him. Y/n looked to see what he was staring at.

"Sasuke! Get off of the tree and come down here!" she yelled.

"Oh hi y/n. Do you know him?" Gaara asked as they shook hands.

"Sorry if he gave you any trouble. This is my little cousin Sasuke and the two back there are his teammates. And you already met Tenten."

"Hn." Sasuke said. He then walked away.

"W-wait up Sasuke!" Sakura yelled chasing after the duck butt.

"Sakura-chan!!" Naruto yelled as he followed Sakura. Y/n let out a chuckle.

"Well since you guys are here I'll show you to the best ramen shop in town. Wanna come?" she asked once Konohamaru and his friends made a "sneaky" escape.

"Oh sorry y/n I have to go. I promised Lee I'd help him train. See ya tomorrow!" Tenten said as she walked off. Y/n then led the Sand Siblings to the one and only Ichiraku Ramen shop.

"Here we are!" she said proudly. They took their seats and ordered. Y/n sat in between Kankuro and Temari.

"So are you doing the Chunin exams?" Kankuro asked.

"Yep." y/n replied.

"You know you're even prettier than when I first met you. Maybe I can take you out on a date while I'm here," Kankuro said with a smirk. Y/n simply laughed and shook her head.

"No. Sorry."

"What but why not?"

"Because she has me." Neji appeared right behind his girlfriend and put his hands on her shoulders. They were all a bit surprised for they hadn't sensed him at all.

"And who are you?" Kankuro asked.

"Her boyfriend so back off." Neji replied.

"Y/n is that true?" Kankuro asked. She nodded.

"Aw. My little y/n is all grown up now." Temari said teasingly. The girls laughed.

"Oh hey y/n! We were going to get barbecue, want to eat with us?" a familiar voice said. Y/n spun around only to see a pleasantly plump boy eating potato chips behind her.

"Yo." Shikamaru said.

"Choji thanks for the invite but I'm eating already." y/n said with a laugh.

"Oh okay. More for me then."

"These are my friends. That's Choji and Shikamaru." she said to the Sand Siblings. She could see Shikamaru glancing over at Temari.

"Hey Shika! Whatchu looking at hmm?" she asked teasingly.

"The cloud. Anyway we should hang out y/n we haven't in a while." he said as his excuse. Neji gave him a hard stare but Shikamaru absolutely didn't care.

"I'M GONNA BE THE HOKAGE! BELIEVE IT!"

Everyone turned around to see squad 7 walking towards them.

"Tch." Sasuke said.

"Be quiet Naruto!" Sakura yelled. But Naruto still had a big grin on his face.

"What are you doing here?" y/n asked Sasuke.

"This idiot dragged us along for ramen." Sasuke said pointing to Naruto. Y/n let out a giggle.

"Here Naruto take my ramen. I barely ate any." she offered.

"Really?!?" Naruto beaned in excitement.

"Mhmm!"

"Thanks y/n! You're the best!" Naruto took the bowl and dug in. Y/n was happy. She felt lucky to have so many friends, so many people who cared. They respected her and she liked that. A warm feeling filled her heart as she let out a a big smile. Neji hugged her at the sight of her smile.